Kealani Uke ?

steelgtr

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My daughter came home with a "Mahalo" electric Uke that a friend gave her and right away I wanted a better one :)

I was sitting in front of my PC and my Craigslist search popped up with a Uke for sale here in the South Bay for $30.00:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/1857432298.html

So, I made contact and picked it up. On the label it says "Hanalei Ukulele, Honolulu, Feel the sound of Tropics"

So, I'm wondering what we have here? My main reason for wanting to upgrade was the intonation problem on the cheap Mahalo, but it looks like I have the same problem.The open C is very sharp when playing a D on the second fret.

Appreciate any help on the ID and the intonation issues!

thx

bob

FYI, the craigslist posting "has been deleted by its author." If what was said in the posting would be helpful to anyone trying to answer your question, maybe you could post what the listing said (if you remember it, or copied the text). It might also help to post a photo.

FYI, the craigslist posting "has been deleted by its author." If what was said in the posting would be helpful to anyone trying to answer your question, maybe you could post what the listing said (if you remember it, or copied the text). It might also help to post a photo.

Sorry! I still had the page up. I did try to save the picture. Text didn't say anything but good condition, pick up only. Pic is small but maybe will help?

thx

bob

Attachments

• 3ne3p93l75Y55U05P3&#.jpg
    3ne3p93l75Y55U05P3&#.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 39
Aloha Bob,
Is it a solid body or Laminate? try and upgrade the strings....Aquilla's , hilo's etc....
It probally still has the factory strings on and worn out.... I'm sure you'll notice the
difference...a cheap fix.....Good Luck and let us know how things turn out....

Thanks, guys

I'll put on some Aguilas, for sure.

Could that help the sharp intonation at all?

BTW: Nice talking to Mike on the phone today!

Mahalo,

bob

Some better pics.

bob

Attachments

• DSC_0256_resize..jpg
    DSC_0256_resize..jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0257_resize..jpg
    DSC_0257_resize..jpg
    82 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0259_resize..jpg
    DSC_0259_resize..jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
That is a nice looking uke!! Yes, I would put on some aquila's on her and see if that does the job!!

That is a nice looking uke!! Yes, I would put on some aquila's on her and see if that does the job!!

Thanks, Bart

Yeah, it is pretty with the binding and MOP inlay around the sound hole. My strings shipped today from 100 miles away. I'm not going to ask any more intonation, etc questions until I have a nice new set of strings!

thx

bob

Top Bottom