UU, I am humbled beyond belief!

iamblinkin

Reaction score
I have had a soon-to-be-married French couple request an mp3 of my instrumental Nantes cover to play in their wedding ceremony in Nantes! I am speechless! I've loved the original ever since I first heard it thanks to Beirut's haunting voice and melody. I even love (ego, right?) my instrumental if only because it accentuates the beauty of the music by removing the lyrics (which are amazing in their own right - can you tell I love the song? :p). But I would've never imagined someone would want it to play in their wedding! It's undoubtedly also thanks to the charm and sound of the ukulele. Gah, to think that I not only touched the lives of a couple of strangers in France, but will be part of their wedding...just leaves me speechless and humbled beyond what I would've previously comprehended. If this is the feeling I get from someone using my cover of someone else's song, I can't imagine what it must feel like for musicians to hear their original music used in movies, at weddings, funerals, etc. Words can't describe.

Anyway, thanks for listening...does anyone else have any similar stories?

(ooo 100th post! :p)

You spent some time learning to play. You learned well. You took it a step further and learned how to record yourself in concert with yourself. You picked up a wonderful song, learned it, played it, and shared it with the world at large.

Then someone heard it, was touched by it, and told you as much by asking to use it in their wedding.

In short, you did some good things and someone appreciates it. What did you think was going to happen?

Good on 'ya. Remember this feeling. You deserve it. :worship:

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

First off, congratulations at the gig! Second, dude, that was awesome playing, not surprised at all someone would ask you to perform. The practice paid off!

Nice one, enjoy, you deserve it.

That sounds terrific, congratulations to you. I saw in the Youtube comments you mentioned you were planning on putting tabs of this great song online, do you still have plans to do so?

Thanks everyone :) I just put up tabs onto the tabs/chords forum yesterday!

Top Bottom