Inception

Did you ever see Memento? Is it better than that?

Inception is certainly on my list, I hope i can concentrate deeply enough!

Did you ever see Memento? Is it better than that?

Inception is certainly on my list, I hope i can concentrate deeply enough!

I can't really say if it was better. Memento was groundbreaking in it's film structure, and portrayed amnesia as close to reality than any film, so doctor's say. But to me, I'm not really into crime dramas. So while appreciated the artistry and uniqueness of the film, and i did have fun piecing it together, I didn't care for the story too much. Inception is a sci-fi film and it deals with dreams - one of my favorite topics! So I really liked it for the story. The structure is not as complex, in fact it's pretty straight forward compared to Memento. You do have to pay attention to details, though. I noticed that people who didn't like it on IMDB missed certain points. They were claiming loopholes in the plot, when in fact it was loopholes in their understanding. :)

So I, personally, like Inception better but I've seen a lot of people say they like Memento better.

Last edited:
I really loved Inception. The first time I saw it I was pretty confused in parts, and felt that perhaps they had added too many ideas/characters all at once instead of sticking with a smaller group of ideas and expanding them. However, the second time it was pretty clear and I did appreciate the intricacy.
I especially enjoyed Ellen Page's performance, and I thought the film had some really interesting ideas about dreams.

did anybody else go "waaaaaait!" at the very end?

i cant complain about anything in this movie. it was good enough that i want to pay to see it again

did anybody else go "waaaaaait!" at the very end?

I let out a loud "Doh!" at the end. Everyone in the theater did something - either gasped, clapped, laughed... There was no way you could be quiet with an ending like that. :) There are debates everywhere about what people thought of the end. I love movies like that. We almost saw it again this weekend but I think I'll wait until the boo-ray.

I am booked in for Inception on Friday. Be waiting for calls for explanation when the Northern hemisphere wakes up on your Friday morning.!

That's a great article! I thought the metaphor for film making was very interesting. And that fact that the structure of Memento was based on the stages of photo processing, I wouldn't put it past Nolan if that metphor was really his intent. Even if it wasn't, it's still a great theory.

Dang, and I let me wife talk me into watching Eclipse on Tuesday night! I should have demanded we watch Inception. Thanks for the review!

I did not let out a "duh" but rather a load "aaagh" Immensely enjoyable with just the right sort of ending for this type of film.

Glad i went. CGI was really great.

I started the comparison with Memento which is also a mind bending film, but they are two very different approaches to messing with your mind for a couple hours.

I had to use the rest room about half way through but if you leave even for one min. you will be lost
I enjoyed the movie but it required too much thinking for me I prefer to be entertained in a simple way like a mouse hitting a cat with a giant frying pan :)

So its just me then,that found it boring and pretentious tripe?

So its just me then,that found it boring and pretentious tripe?

No. I don't know that I thought it was boring and pretentious. But I definitely was not a big fan of it. I actually liked the ending, but that was about it. I found a lot of it to be one of those movies that tries really hard to be smart and ends up being too smart for its own good. I really preferred "Shutter Island" to "Inception."

Of course I hated "Avatar" too. So perhaps I'm not the best judge of what is good or popular. :)

Everyone told me it was the kind of movie you "like, totally had to see, like, 3 or 4 times before you 'got it', y'know?"

I got it. I think the movie explains itself as it goes. It was entertaining and visually appealing, but a bit disappointing.

I have seen this movies many times and i think it is one of the best movies of leonardo dicaprio.

Top Bottom