If you could have a custom sopranino made?

Uke Republic

Reaction score
What tone wood (s) would you have? I'm a big fan of those petite sopranos AKA sopranino and have visions of some cool combos. Please share your dream sopranino. Spruce/cherry, cedar mahogany figured cherry all glossy, koa etc.

Walnut body, spruce top, pineapple of course. ;)

Cedar top, myrtle back and sides. my favorite combo to date. I'd like to try a redwood/myrtlewood combo one day, but I don't know how that would work for a soprano or smaller.

What tone wood (s) would you have? I'm a big fan of those petite sopranos AKA sopranino and have visions of some cool combos. Please share your dream sopranino. Spruce/cherry, cedar mahogany figured cherry all glossy, koa etc.

Oooh.... a dream sopranino. A curly mango top, with curly maple sides and back. Glossy finish. As much as I'd like to electrify it, I don't think it would work well as the electronics would mess it up acoustically. Therefore I'd keep it sweet and acoustic for personal musical enjoyment. Mahalo for letting me daydream... :)

p.s. And I'd likely have Dave Means (Glyph Ukulele) build it for me.

Soprapina copyright

I believe Black Bear is the only one so far that has made a pineapple sopranino. I want one BAD!

f6a0353bf939238423b98bf96be1be63.jpg

Spruce top/rosewood back and sides. Man that Black Bear pineapple looks sweet!

Regards,
Ray

Spalted mango! Purple metallic flake in the gloss coat!

YAY!

I figured my jump back into things would be in this dream sopranino thread (for obvious reasons ;)).

Adirondack spruce top, curly koa back and sides, ebony fretboard, with the top stained yellow. I'd also probably swing for the fretboard to be extended closer toward the sound hole with maybe 15 frets maximum. Also fitted with a MiSi pickup. (I haven't thought too much about how this would work, but hey, it's fantasy.)

Cedar top with Koa or Mahogany back and sides. Ebony keyboard and a passive pickup. I would have to have a soprano though I think the sopranino maybe a bit too small.

Genuine solid plasctic.

Sopranino Maple banjo-uke.

Mainland's planning to offer sopranino neck/fretboard sets soon.

Oooh! And I just got a nice cigar box too!

And if I could have a Mainland Sopranino, I would want it in Red Cedar/Rosewood. Little and loud, baby!

Top Bottom