Banjo uke free to a good home

Keef

Reaction score
I bought this banjo uke from eBay it's from the 20's 30's 40's heck I'm not sure but I'm not going to take the time to restore it so if one of you fixer upper guys or gals wants it it's yours for the price of shipping all I ask is that you post finished pictures of it once it's restored
115c6acd.jpg
cc00ee0e.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this banjo uke from eBay it's from the 20's 30's 40's heck I'm not sure but I'm not going to take the time to restore it so if one of you fixer upper guys or gals wants it it's yours for the price of shipping all I ask is that you post finished pictures of it once it's restored
115c6acd.jpg
cc00ee0e.jpg

This is exactly what I have been looking for! A project uke and a Banjo uke. All in one package. Very interested. Can you PM me the details (shipping cost, method of payment,, etc... I'd prefer a paypal transaction if possible)? Any idea of what all it needs?

Just from the two pictures it looks as though the rim is cracked. Might need a new nut and tuners. I'm probably not the best person to judge what it needs though! Good luck!

Really arnt any details it's all there the round body has what looks like expansion cracks
I'm not a luthier so I don't know what's all envolved if I kept it it would just hang on the wall as I'm sure it has been doing for many many years
What do I want? I just want whoever restores it to post pictures once it's done
if you feel that you can fix this relic then just email me your zip code and I will pack it up and when I get time I will go to the post office and find out how much shipping would be then I will tell you and you can send me a check or money order for the cost of shipping and I will send it out to you
No sence in this little piece of history hanging on the wall when it could be played again

Bigploch when I went to read your PM I had 2 other PMs before your first post on this subject from Mokai stating that he wanted the uke so in the spirit of fairness it will be sent to him. I wish I had another to give you but I don't but if it falls through you are next
I'm very sorry
I'm going to get something to eat when I come back I will post more pictures
I didn't mention this before but I should have I didnt give this away so someone could fix it and sell it for profit
I already spent too much for it and now I'm giving it as a gift not to be fliped for profit . I know it's a little late for me to say this but this was my original intension

Last edited:
Keef, your generosity is beyond words.
I think your Papa Okami Sceptre is radiating, and filling you with (ko)ALOHA spirit!

worry not, I refuse to sell it. This is exactly what I want.
I just hope I can do the La Pacific justice and provide worthy pictures.

Thanks I'll pack it up and get you a shipping quote Monday after 4:00 eastern time

The deal was that Mokai was to pay for shipping costs for the banjo uke
but out of his great kindness he sent me this awesome pili koko Koa pineaple uke!!
I love everything about it thank you so much
1ab7949d.jpg

Awesome aloha-ness Keef and Mokai!

Psst, Keef, are you stripping the new addition to become a triplet?:smileybounce: Your family is growing.

Psst, Keef, are you stripping the new addition to become a triplet? Your family is growing.
Do you think I should ? :)

I think that Mokai has finished the uke and given it to someone else: :D:D

file.php

I think that Mokai has finished the uke and given it to someone else: :D:D

Wrong, and wrong.

I'd like to be able to say I have finished it, but I can't. Once Keef sent it to me, I strung it with a new set of aquilas, and have played it daily since. I did order fret-wire from hana-lima, but the package has been collecting dust.
I've been struggling with the fact that I won't be able to play it once I begin, but the revival of this thread has re-inspired me to start.
It is now unstrung(and still in my possession)
SANY0013.jpg

I know this thread is old but maybe you are still out there. I just purchased a La Pacific banjo uke. It needs pegs, a new head, and a tailpiece. Can you send me some pics of the tailpiece so I can get an idea of one to get. Also what kind of bridge should I get. Would a 1/2" maple one work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Wayne.

Waynerandal did you check out the pictures on post #9?
Also I just wanted to say that the koa pili kook uke I got in trade is my favorite uke and the only one I play

Top Bottom