Another ukulele giveaway

paddleoc1

Reaction score
Since Al at Uke Hunt originally posted a link, the ukewarehouse.com video contest hasn't seen much action. All it takes is a ukulele video submission of yours, if I like it the best, you win.
There basically aren't any rules, just send me an email with a link to a video of yours, I'll post the link on the ukewarehouse blog and pick my favorite out of the bunch. If I hadn't had a few beers before I posted it I may have come up with something more original...
Anyway, I'm trying to get rid of current inventory and thought it might be fun to do a giveaway. There haven't been many entries, so the odds are pretty good at this point.
Kala Brand Mahogany Tenor w/pickup or a Lehua solid-wood soprano is the prize.
For the same details, visit http://ukewarehouse.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/another-ukulele-giveaway/
Email your entries to jason@ukewarehouse.com
Thanks!

hahaha! another one i can't enter. Good luck every1 :)

Closing up shop for a while, it's basically a hobby business that began to take up too much time. That would be good if it paid as much as my other job!
The Lehua's are nice, and inexpensive compared to other solid ukes. Solid wood construction made from Australian Blackwood (an acacia similar to koa). Being solid wood and handmade in Portugal, there are differences in each uke. Because of that, I think it's best to handle and play them before buying. I got a really nice tenor and decided to keep it for myself, it's the one I play most often.

There's still 7 days left to submit a video, contest ends June 21, summer solstice!
There's been some great videos submitted thus far, but I'd love to see more!
Kala Brand Mahogany Tenor w/pickup or Lehua Soprano is the prize for the winner, plus some Worth Strings, and maybe some other schwag if I feel so inclined, which I think I do!

There's still 7 days left to submit a video, contest ends June 21, summer solstice!
There's been some great videos submitted thus far, but I'd love to see more!
Kala Brand Mahogany Tenor w/pickup or Lehua Soprano is the prize for the winner, plus some Worth Strings, and maybe some other schwag if I feel so inclined, which I think I do!

Here's mine, if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gy6mVvySd4

I'm glad I don't have to decide a winner on this one. Tough competition ! Good luck to everyone here who entered.

Agreed! I should have thought about it a bit more, deciding a single winner amongst all the videos will be a bit difficult! I will surely be the bad guy regardless of the choice...

OK, officially one more day left to win a Kala Brand Tenor or Lehua Soprano uke! Contest ends Sat, June 21, midnite PST. Thanks to those who have entered, a few more would be surely welcome! Visit http://ukewarehouse.wordpress.com/ for more info.

I'm uploading my vid right now. (..better late then never, eh? haha) Hopefully it goes through haha It's kind of a big file.. Was there a time limit? because mine is roughly 6:30. ><;;

::edit::

I tried uploading it on YouTube twice and it failed both times... boo..

Last edited:
Octopus' garden

This is my entry, my first posting of a video and the first time I played Uke outside in public.

I doubt we will win on the quality of our musicianship, as you can see I can barely string three chords together so small-axe and I had to think on our feet to try to raise a smile.

Good luck to everyone who entered this competition, there are some great vids out there.

Jack33

PS as the better player (and swimmer) he kind of takes centre stage on this one...)

Octopus' garden

This is my entry, my first posting of a video and the first time I played Uke outside in public.

I doubt we will win on the quality of our musicianship, as you can see I can barely string three chords together so small-axe and I had to think on our feet to try to raise a smile.

Good luck to everyone who entered this competition, there are some great vids out there.

Jack33

PS as the better player (and swimmer) he kind of takes centre stage on this one...)

Don't know if you will win or not, but that was one wild ass uke video. Loved it!

-ron-

Octopus' garden

Jack33

that was quite brilliant! must have been fun to make that video. good luck man!

Octopus' garden

Jack33

haha omg that was awesome! I was like "OMG he totally just jumped in the water with that uke?! O_O" haha good stuff. but where was the octopus? haha I guess he was away from the garden today. xP

neat idea though, good luck! :)

Oh and I love when people say "cheers!" haha

::edit::
oh, Youtube finally put up my video haha I thought it failed 3 times, but apparently it went through the first time.. >.>;; So, I waited for it to upload 2 more times for nothing. T.T;; Anywho, so my video is sort of about a personal issue but I was going to make a video for this song anyway and I noticed that there was another video contest so I thought I'd "kill two birds with one stone." that expression is not cute.. haha but yea anyway here's my entry:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1LLAbYWVeKQ&fmt=18

cheers! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom