KALA KA-STE Sitka Spruce Tenor Ukulele w/pu

dinamo9

Reaction score
P1000357.jpg

I purchased this Kala KA-STE-C Ukulele on July-21-2008 from Musicguymic on eBay. It has been used very lightly and never for more then 10-20 minutes at a time. I didn't take lessons or learn how to play it, so it has been stored for a vast majority of the two years.

At this point, the reason I am selling is because I will be starting to take lessons in September and it has more features then I need. I will be purchasing a ukulele without a pickup and satin finish, I am also open to trade for something like that. For someone who likes the features of this ukulele, this a great opportunity to pick it up from someone who took great care of it and get a discount off the new price.

I am selling it for $190US. I can accept paypal or cash as payment.

Musicguymic is still selling my exact model on eBay for $233 and you can check out his description and pictures of it here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/KALA-KA-STE-Tenor-Ukulele-w-pu-case-free-ship-/370410219033?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563e2b6619

This ukulele comes with a very nice hardshell padded case that originally came with it when I purchased it.

I am located in Canada, and regardless of where you are from please let me know if you would like to purchase this ukulele and I will calculate the exact shipping costs for you.

P1000363.jpg

P1000367.jpg

P1000335.jpg

Thanks for your time.

*Edit* - I am willing to trade towards a Kala Acacia Concert and also open to offers of concert Ukes with a Satin finish.

Last edited:
Is your ukulele still for sale? If so, I have a few questions. :)

How is the intonation? The resonance?

Does it, by any chance, have low g strings on it?

Roughly how much would it cost to mail this to Texas?

Thanks so much for your time. :)

Is your ukulele still for sale? If so, I have a few questions. :)

How is the intonation? The resonance?

Does it, by any chance, have low g strings on it?

Roughly how much would it cost to mail this to Texas?

Thanks so much for your time. :)

Hi! Thanks for your interest and questions.

To be honest, I do not know how to check for intonation and resonance...if you have any suggestions for how I could, please let me know.

It was set up my Musicguymic from eBay so I'm confident everything is right with it.

As for shipping. I think it will be roughly $40-50 to ship to Texas.

If you are interested or have any other questions please let me know. Maybe I could look further into the intonation and resonance for you.

Thanks!

~Miro

It looks like the wires came untaped from the side?

Hey dinamo. I have no idea how to check for resonance (excess) other than listening to it and seeing if it "booms" too much at some frequencies, but I have heard no reports of bad resonance with Lanikais. As far as checking intonation goes, you use a tuner and then tune the thing first. Then, you fret your way up the fret board on each string and see how sharp or flat the notes that should be on each fret are. Some people just check the 12th fret, but I like to see em all. Not many ukes are spot on all the way up, but it shouldn't be too far out anywhere. Of course you need some resonance, or the uke will sound very dead.

Last edited:
*Update Aug-07* - I am open to offers for trades. I am looking for a concert uke with a satin finish.

I want it !

I would like to buy this uke very baddly shipping to los angeles CA, I have a total of $170 so subtract shipping from that. could you pease rate the condition on a scale of 1 - 10 1 being the worst 10 being like mint condition. Also please post a high quality video of you playing this uke, so i can here the way it sound.

Thank You

I also want to know if it is still for sale. I PM''d you with a phone number.

I never got any reply, so I bought something else. Might as well close this thread.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder why you're so intent on selling it, when its a perfect uke to learn and continue learning on.
It's not a huge profit to sell and buy a cheaper uke... in the long run, you may find that the features of it being an electric to be useful.

An acoustic electric is not inferior in any way to an acoustic (they're the same thing, except u can plug electrics into an amp).
It's a really nice tenor with a cutaway.

Check dinamo's profile page. He hasn't been on here for two months.

Top Bottom