"The Mighty Uke" movie screening in Hollywood August 7 (Kala raffle, luau, etc)

Ukedani

Reaction score
"The Mighty Uke" movie screening in Hollywood August 7 (Kala raffle, luau, etc)

Here is the email I just received from Tony Coleman, the director:

MIGHTY UKE Hollywood Premiere...
On Saturday, August 7 MIGHTY UKE screens at Grauman's Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA. The event begins at 5pm with a Hawaiian Luau, then a performance by King Kukulele followed by MIGHTY UKE. Tix are available at
http://www.fandango.com/egyptiantheatre_aaofx/theaterpage?date=8/7/2010
We will also be raffling a Kala ukulele from our new sponsors Kala Brand Music.
Don't forget to bring your uke for a giant strum-along. Please help spread the word.
Thanks
Tony Coleman
Director MIGHTY UKE

MIGHTY UKE DVD release date Sept.28
Order yours on August 1 at mightyukemovie.com

I got my tickets! The Egyptian is a great theater, with a courtyard in front. That's probably where the luau will be. Lots of old Hollywood history there. This is not the one with the footprints in cement, which is down the street a few blocks, so make sure you go to the right Grauman's theater. Sounds like lots of fun. It's a good deal too; dinner, live ukulele act, and a movie for $12.00 a person (which includes process fee).
–Lori

I got my tickets too. It should be an exciting evening. Yes thanks Lori - I should have specified it's NOT the Chinese Theater but the Egyptian. It would be great to meet up with other UU'ers. :)

This is a GREAT movie - they just showed it in Fort Lauderdale last weekend, and we really enjoyed it!

great timing I have to work on the 7th:(

I would assume so since the press release sent to me didn't say anything about add'l costs for dinner, etc. But may be good idea to bring extra $$ just in case. I tried to find more info on the Mighty Uke website but I didn't see anything.

I know it won't be the same as being there but perhaps one of our more techie-minded UU'ers can capture some of the festivities on video? I would offer but I have no idea how to do such a thing (yet).

From Fandango:
The Mighty Uke
Runtime:1 hr. 16 min.
NR
Genres: Documentary
Luau Dinner: Join us in the Egyptian Courtyard for a Royal Southern California-style Luau with live music from King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis, the Polynesian Paradise Dancers, vendors and a bountiful island-themed dinner. Menu will include Read More
I tried clicking on the Read More link -- but it was a dead end.
Looks like dinner and entertainment is included in the price. They have added more info on the performers since this morning.
–Lori

Thanks for digging up that info Lori. I didn't think to look on Fandango. Next question is: what uke are you going to bring? :)

Tempting, I wish I lived closer to Hollywood...

Nah!

Thanks for digging up that info Lori. I didn't think to look on Fandango. Next question is: what uke are you going to bring? :)
I will bring one of my Kala Dolphin ukes. I would get too stressed-out if I brought one of the others. Since there will be eating, and movie watching, I want to be relaxed and not worry about people testing it out, or bumping it, etc. So, I have a choice, bright blue or orange burst!
–Lori

The Fandango listing now has a $20 listing and a $12 for general. I wonder if that is for the dinner too. I can't miss this.

Last edited:
That is curious. All I know is that I got my tickets right after I received the email from the director and posted it on UU. Maybe I can contact the director/producer and get some clarification.

That is curious. All I know is that I got my tickets right after I received the email from the director and posted it on UU. Maybe I can contact the director/producer and get some clarification.
Yes, let us know what you find out. Did I miss something this morning when I ordered, or did they change the ticket choices? Fandango is not very clear on it's listing right now. I will try and contact someone at the Egyptian Theater and see what I can discover.

–Lori

Top Bottom