PDA

View Full Version : looking for "retired" fluke soundboard design: beach theme

Hippie Dribble
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
howdy guys & gals. this is my first post! if anyone has a fluke uke with Dale Webb's beach theme (design features a lady surfing near a beach, clouds in the sky, palmtrees etc) that they are willing to sell, PLEASE let me know. I am finding it very hard to track one down, as the design was, in Jim Beloff's words, "retired" several years back. Will pay good dollars, especially if it has a rosewood fretboard. Cheers and happy days, Jon.

NatalieS
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Best of luck, Jon! Also, just so you know, if you're really looking for one with a rosewood fretboad, you can send in any Fluke to the company and get the plastic fretboard replaced with a rosewood one.

mm stan
07-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Aloha Eugene,
Welcome to the UU, our forums and the ukulele..I'd give the fluke company a call and see what they can do for you, I think
you can ask them for special modifications too. I've learned in life, it never hurts to ask....Good Luck!! MM Stan...

ukeeku
07-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Is it the one that looks like it is airbrushed on? I was at Elderly music and they had one on the floor. It is not online but you could call and ask about it.
888-473-5810
Best of luck

Hippie Dribble
07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
thankyou all for your replies and suggestions. I tried to buy the one at elderly but missed it by an hour or so.

As it happens, I have made contact with a guy who has one, certainly not mint (but hey, neither am I after nearly 40 years!) and with a few cosmetic issues, but who is willing to part with her.

Cheers stan, natalie and ukeeku, look forward to more chats on the forums. All the best

eugene

mds725
07-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Be sure to post photos if you buy one!