Special Case for KoAloha Super Concert?

Howie1947

Reaction score
Do they make a special case for this model?? Or would one use a Tenor Uke case??? Howie

Last edited:
Tenor Case

KoAloha uses the tenor case for a Super Concert. The body will be smaller but the neck has to fit the case. I don't like the cases they use so I went and purchased a hard shell case for my Tenor. See the one daniel Ho uses for his D-VI on the KoAloha web site.

I'm confused Capt. Mike..........So KoAloha does not have a hard type case for their Superconcerts?? Is it more like a "Gigbag"............I have a Kamaka Tenor Uke and got a Hardcase with it..........So any "Tenor" case will fit the SuperConcert??? I'm surprised they have not developed one (case) to fit the unusual size (tenor neck & concert body)...........Howie

I've never seen a superconcert case or gigbag, but it's getting to be a really popular size so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until some start hitting the market :/

But, in the mean time, like Capt Mike said, tenor cases work fine. If you're worried about the smaller body sliding around in the case and banging the sides you could always roll up a couple of polishing cloths and stuff em between the uke and the case sides

Howie1947, what's the length of the neck from the body to the top of the peghead? The CJJ (aka Canadian Case) is a perfect fits for the KoAloha concert body. The ProTec old style (not the Max line) will hold a std KoAloha perfectly. Hold the uke by cradling the neck at two points and gentle pressure along the fretboard. These cases run long for a std concert. Both cases are 14 1/2 inches from body to inside top of case. Elderly cares the ProTec. CJJ are hard to find.

The oahu concert hardcases can fit Koaloha superconcerts. These are Oahu Case company cases made especially for all concerts that are the deluxe type just like Koolau cases. The kiwaya rectangle hardcase also fits them.

Top Bottom