"Supermodel" Lanikai SM-CE; For Trade/Sale

provines

Reaction score
<Still for sale but on Ebay right now....>

This is one of Lanikai's "Supermodel" mango concerts. I just added the term "Supermodel" because this is one of the ukes that Lanikai used as a model for it's website and advertising shoots. Just check out samash.com or drumza.com and you'll see Lanikai stock photos of this uke. Fame and beauty is not without it's cost. This was orginally a gloss model but they sprayed it with something that will dull the gloss for the photo shoot. I used oops to remove the spray from the hardware and the headstock but didn't touch the rest of the body so the body has a matte finish and you can feel where they sprayed it if you run your fingers across the wood. The bottom of the uke is still glossy. Obviously, it doesn't affect the sound or playability. I think it adds to the coolness factor as this uke has a bit of fame to its history. I added my own bling to this uke by gluing a copper Honu turtle geocoin to the headstock. The pickup works great. Oh, I'll ship it with a black gig bag.

One more thing, it currently is strung with Aquillas and a Fremont low G.

I'll take $275.00 shipped CONUS; if you can find them, they are selling for around $349.00 but I would really like to trade it for a solid wood tenor of some flavor.

You can drop me a note here or e-mail me at dprovines@provines.net

The attached photo, which is the collage, is a stock photo I grabbed from samash.com. You can see it is the same uke.

-David

Attachments

• IMG_3117..jpg
    IMG_3117..jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3115..jpg
    IMG_3115..jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3116..jpg
    IMG_3116..jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 72
  • web..jpg
    web..jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3113..jpg
    IMG_3113..jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Few more photos

Here are the sides and my UU sign with the uke.

Attachments

• IMG_3121..jpg
    IMG_3121..jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3120..jpg
    IMG_3120..jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3119..jpg
    IMG_3119..jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 28
What is the binding? Overall, its one gorgeous mango uke. (Yeah, I'm a sucker for nice mango bodies!) :)

I gave it a close look and it appears to be black celluloid binding or similar material.

you it really is beautiful, i love mine, it sounds so great and full with some aquillas!

August price slash / $275 shipped CONUS. One and only bump. If no interest, it'll sink to the bottom of the list.

Top Bottom