Clip On Tuner problem

Somtimes the clip-ons can be a little fussy. "G" is "G" high or low, usually the low are what tuners struggle with.
Tune your high "G" from your "E" (3rd fret) and see if the tuner picks it up. You may have a bad tuner.
You may also try moving the tuner around the headstock to see if you can get it to read.
I am not familiar with your tuner, but make sure it is set on 440 and not sharp or flat.
Good luck.

I'll second the moving the tuner thing. Also, some tuners have options to read through either their integrated microphone or vibrations (gigging situations). See if you can find a function to switch between the two, maybe vibrations will work where mics wont, or visa-versa.

Could be a battery issue, as well. Who knows how long it's been in the box before being shipped to you.

I get that problem on my clip-ons sometimes with my guitars. The best thing is to pluck harder and make sure you aren't dampening the sound board with your hand or body.

~DB

mine works best in chromatic mode too. Is there a problem using this mode?

Could be a battery issue, as well. Who knows how long it's been in the box before being shipped to you.
Definetly try a new battery, the batteries Included with most tuners aren't of the finest quailty to begin with, and as didgeridoo2 said who knows how old it is. I notice my tuners starting to do all kinds of funky things when the batteries start getting weak.
mine works best in chromatic mode too. Is there a problem using this mode?
No problems using chromatic since a note is the same no matter what setting the tuner is in, but if your just starting out it can be easier the get the right note for each string with the specific tuning settings.

Have had exactly the same problem with clip on tuners, just move the position as others have suggested and it should fix it. On mine I have it at the top of the headstock for g,C,E strings and at the bottom of the headstock for the A string.

Top Bottom