New Uke on its way - Bruko slimbody

bazmaz

Reaction score
Ohhh thats pretty! Congrats!

I don't like bad friction tuners, but Bruko use good ones ( as do Flea / Fluke) and when frictions are good they are fine in my opinion.

Plus, the mistake kala made with their thinbody travel uke was metal geared tuners, made it way too neck heavy.

Other thing I didn't mention on blog was this uke is reputedly warmer sounding than the bruko 6. I liked my 6 but it was a little bright. Anyone played one to confirm that?

I still like mine better without friction tuners...
brueko.jpg

I can't describe sounds with words, so no answer to your "warmer" question!
You will find many sound examples on my YT though...

Btw, this is a flat Brüko No.1, in case you wonder how to call it compared to the Brüko No.6.

That is a really pretty uke!! I've heard great things about Bruko. I'd love to get one eventually, but being in the U.S. I think that's easier said than done.

What's the wood on this one?
And why am I not surprised you're attempting a Bruko again after having sold the "bright baby"?

it arrived today, courtesy of Duke Of Uke (only current UK dealer I can find doing Bruko - correct me if I am wrong) expertly packed and in mint condition.

horrible pyramid strings on it, very plinky plonky - put aquilas on, and fuller review to follow.

I like its simplicity, and plainness - updates to follow on the blog

Aloha Paul,
Thanks for sharing the Brunko with us, first time for hearing about one...Are they made in the UK??
Let us know how it is when you receive it. I am always intrested now when it comes to slim bodies..
BTW-you've got an awesome website....must have been alot of hard work eh....I will be checking
in very often on it. MM Stan..

thanks Stan - the Uke HAS arrived - full review to follow, and thanks for the props for the website - I'm aiming at all levels to provide a resource for uke type stuff that makes me smile...

The Bruko is made in Germany - handmade - all solid woods. Check out their website - really nice bloke in charge who you can email and is real friendly.

Very cool looking. Hmmm, can a uke be debonair?
Congrats and enjoy!

Cheers

... but being in the U.S. I think that's easier said than done.

Just a note, since he may be too shy to mention it himself; Uke Republic now carries Bruko. Played a "#6" a week ago in Atlanta that Mike was showing about.... sweet player.

Just a note, since he may be too shy to mention it himself; Uke Republic now carries Bruko. Played a "#6" a week ago in Atlanta that Mike was showing about.... sweet player.

Thanks Gmoney. I think we are the only US dealer to carry them. The #6 is really cool and has a vintage or early sound which you can check out on me Youtube. The #6 is available in slim body as well.

Top Bottom