My Little Mainland hits the Big Screen!

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
My steel drumming bandmate Greg and I just got song of ours into David Fincher's upcoming "The Social Network," due out Oct. 1, about the guys who started Facebook. Our song comes in outside a fraternity party where it's "Caribbean Night." A scene starts in a lawyer's depo room and cuts to a flashback to the interior of the party where there's a steel drummer on stage and a DJ scratching records in front. That's a 10cc song, Dreadlock Holiday, in there, where two guys are talking and they step outside... Cut back to the depo room, more testimony, cut back outside and now it's my song coming thru the wall as it cuts back and forth, still my song outside - the door opens, the song gets louder and clearer (hopefully now I'll actually hear my uke!), door closes as one guy goes in and the other guy walks away...

The song is called "So I Wait." It was all recorded on my Mainland concert mahogany gloss. I was actually working on the film as a sound editor when this scene came up and a note for a possible steel drummer to come in and play over the 10cc track appeared. I sent the supervisor a track we were working on to show off Greg's steel drumming, and they liked the demo I sent, saying it would be good for the outside! I owe a great debt of gratitude to everyone here at UU, hoosierhiver at Mainland, and to the Academy! Wait... No seriously, everything came together in an odd confluence of cyberkismet that kind of started here, so thanks again, UUers all, for the encouragement and well directed advice on all things ukey! That's another one for Team Mainland!

Here's the demo to the song on YT (playing along with my Jenny P here):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqi4eJ5Kpo

Here's the trailer for The Social Network:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SocialN...v&ad=5074615067&kw=the social network trailer

nice one ukeCANdothat

Hey Thom, congrats! That is very cool. I just got a Mainland, love it.....it plays like butter!

This thread makes me so, so proud to be a member of Team Mainland.

That is soooo cool! Congratulations!

So cool. Congrats, bro!

Top Bottom