A possible recording gig doing 80's music

ukeeku

Reaction score
so... I got this e-mail from this guy named Jim Silvers, I guess he runs a record label. He is looking for uke players to record some 80's stuff. I called him to make sure that it is legit and he seems to be on the up and up and figured I would pass it a long. Here is the e-mail:

We’re looking for people who are interested in cutting ukulele-driven covers of pop and rock songs. Our first venture into this territory is covers of classic 80s New Wave, a la the aforementioned A-Ha track “Take On Me”. The tracks need vocals, particularly either female leads or male leads with high tenors and the ability to pull off fun, believable falsettos. Simple, sparse arrangements are encouraged, with the majority of the ukulele playing focusing on strumming. Finger picking should be used as a flourish and not as a primary performance. Any simple bass, guitar, and strings are welcome accompaniment. Please do not include too many instruments, particularly drums and heavy percussions, and keep a light, organic touch, i.e. no electric / electronic instrumentation. Remember, the simpler the better. Make it fun. We want people who want to cover the kind of material we have in mind; people who love pop and rock as much as they do classical and traditional ukulele and Hawaiian music.

The song we want covered is "Take On Me" by the band A-HA. Please make sure to secure 3-5 people who will cut the track as an audition for future work. There is pay for this. They can email me at - jims@cmhrecords.com

You can see our company and it's various labels at - www.cmhlabelgroup.com -

Thanks,

Jim Silvers
CMH Records
323-663-8073

Good luck

Yeah, man. It's cool. I might do it.

Top Bottom