Looking at some ukes...

Vroom

Reaction score
So I'm graduating high school so my parents want to get me a little grad gift, which is sweet. I have a 300 max... so i decided id put that towards a new uke. I'm looking at a few, and I don't know what's good and what isn't.

Any help? There's this one uke that's absolutely stunning at $663 from mgm but i can't afford that...

I'm looking at this mango uke though. what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330242258000

This one is a little more expensive and im not too sure about it... although it's really pretty.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230259234280

I'm looking at the 400-500 dollar range for a nice uke that looks beautiful and sounds decent. I'm putting appearance in front of sound for this particular purchase. any suggestions and/or comments? everything would be appreciated.

Sorry if I haven't been posting lately, I've been pretty busy with some personal issues.

haha.... funny deach :mad:

Lol. No, it really doesn't,. I am just looking for the uke that is going to carry me through college.

I like them both, man.

Yeah I think I am going to go for the mango. I love its unique look. the mango yellow in it just gets me. I was looking at a kala flamed maple splitbark or whatever for around 300 and it looked so sweet, but i kind of had my heart set on a pono.

thanks for the input though, there are just so many ukes to choose from and I don't want to end up with one that ends out to be kind of crappy.

i was looking into the same thing as you and i really like this ukulele

http://cgi.ebay.com/PONO-TENOR-Soli...3268294QQihZ013QQcategoryZ16224QQcmdZViewItem

the bet has finished but i saved it so i knew the model etc... somebody made a video with this ukulele and it sounded really good to me... and i think its sxc.

in your 2 options, i like the 2nd one to be honest. Just my 2 cents though.

that does seem nice, but I want to try out different woods first, the only uke i have right now is a mahogany. shipping is low price too... tempting.. haha

that does seem nice, but I want to try out different woods first, the only uke i have right now is a mahogany. shipping is low price too... tempting.. haha

well they are all nice ukuleles and would bring same joy to me but i tend to like ukuleles with a darker.. Have u heard either of those ukuleles play before?

i kind of had my heart set on a pono.

thanks for the input though, there are just so many ukes to choose from and I don't want to end up with one that ends out to be kind of crappy.

I once had my heart set on a pono but ended up getting something else, impulse buy. Since then I have been reading about pono's craftmanship issues with the newer models. Not to say that yours would not be up to par but for what you are paying it should be a pretty nice uke. I have heard about 50/50 on good vs. not up to standard.

Here is one thread about a recent pono purchase. I have a Mango Kala, and even though it is not solid mango I love it. It looks and sounds great to me. If I had to choose between the two you have I would go with the Kelii. I love koa, and I am pretty sure they are handmade in Hawaii. Just my .02

Top Bottom