KoAloha Benefit Uke Raffle (benefits Ukes In The Classroom- Texas)

RKNNDY

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the type of contest (it's more of a raffle...) that belongs on this board, but I just saw a post about this on Flea Market Music and thought that it deserved some attention. It's important to get instruments into children's hands while they're young enough to have worry-free fun with them. After all, isn't that what uking is about? Anyway, the winner walks away with a KoAloha KSM-00 Soprano Standard Ukulele and the ticket prices are low (p.s. the raffle's limited to 100 tickets).

http://www.ukeladymusic.com/store/catalog.php?category=49

Last edited:
Just came from the site. Only $5/ticket. Can't think of a better instrument for school music programs - combined programs to build, repair, and play the ukulele would be a great innovation. Applied math and science to create something that touches body, mind and spirit.

Got my ticket....

Updated - more info

I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the type of contest (it's more of a raffle...) that belongs on this board, but I just saw a post about this on Flea Market Music and thought that it deserved some attention. It's important to get instruments into children's hands while they're young enough to have worry-free fun with them. After all, isn't that what uking is about? Anyway, the winner walks away with a KoAloha KSM-00 Soprano Standard Ukulele and the ticket prices are low (and limited to 500).

http://www.ukeladymusic.com/store/catalog.php?category=49

Only 100 Tickets Will Be Sold and quantities are limited to 5 tickets per person. The drawing will be held as soon as all 100 tickets are sold! Winner does not need to be present to win. Ticket includes shipping within the continental U.S.

This Soprano model features an all Hawaiian Koa body, genuine Mahogany CNC shaped neck and a high gloss finish.
KSM-00 Soprano Standard Ukulele - MSRP $550

Good Luck!

"Thanks for your support! All tickets are sold. The drawing will be held 7/31/10!

The generous folks at KoAloha donated a beautiful Soprano Koa wood ukulele to benefit the Ukes In The Classroom - Texas program!"

If drawing was on 7/3110, was there an announcement of who won yet?

lllllllooooooooooooooolllllllll....................

lookin gat their post counts, the 2 people who speak the most both have weird, strange names, in capitals. Over analyse, but you never know.

Lexxxxyyyy... what u do for work? need to know more bout the aussie ukers. Melbourne is awesome, awesome nightlife ;)

Ah well :p

Yes reggae..I am currently a student (and will be for the next 5 years). 17 years of age, doing my foundation in Australia. I come from ze land of malaysia :) I only play at home though! And the only people i see around with ukes, are the cheap mahalo plastic ones. But that day on the tram, i saw someone with what i think is a tenor uke (only saw the casing), almost wanted to ask her to lemme have a look but oh well. Melbourne is awesome :) But I'm underage, so I don't have alot of access to nightlife :(

ha ha, nightlife is awesome, but if you do turn into a night junkie, come into Sydney !! Melbourne's awesome, QLD is different, Sydney is fantastic.

ahhh I see. Student from overseas !! yes, I only see people walknig around with, generally, brown, plastic, soprano ukuleles.... needs to be spread a whole lot more... lemme tell you.

Naww I think i dont enjoy pubs and bars that often. For fear, that glassing is still an issue. And I personally don't LOVE alcohol, but i can do (Ciders are the best :p ) And i get as red as a cherry after a bottle of cider. (how funny)

Is ukulele expanding in Sydney side? I have a friend there, who's boyfriend owns a compass rose, Kanile'a, etc.

I hope it was legit. If not, I only hope the money I sent helps someone get a uke to drown their sorrows in song and not in a mug or worse. I guess "mailman" might have been taken too.

And what might you read into names that are all capitals and different? Analyze and let me know what it means. Then I'll let you know if you're right on my name.

Lexxy, my response was to post #11, meant to "Reply With Quote". Anyway, nice try, but ADiD would not be all capitals.

And the winner is posted on Flea Market Music Bulletin. His name is Cless Corr, Pasadena, TX

Response from ADD

lookin gat their post counts, the 2 people who speak the most both have weird, strange names, in capitals. Over analyse, but you never know.

Lexxxxyyyy... what u do for work? need to know more bout the aussie ukers. Melbourne is awesome, awesome nightlife ;)

See post #15. And then for the winner see post #17.

Lexxy, my response was to post #11, meant to "Reply With Quote". Anyway, nice try, but ADiD would not be all capitals.

And the winner is posted on Flea Market Music Bulletin. His name is Cless Corr, Pasadena, TX

I wouldn't have sent the money had there not been the association with a known entity. I was comfortable from the beginning that it was not a con-job.

I've noticed on flea Market Music site, they gave away a Pono instead of a Ko aloha???what's up with that???
Did I read the wrong contest????or read wrong posting...HMMM I would like to believe it was legit..I hope I wasn't too naive..

Top Bottom