Bizarre Love Triangle by Bao & Claire live opening for James Hill

fumanshu

Reaction score
Hi guys!! I just want to drop to share with you the first time I ever do a duet with someone!!!

Usually I'm a solo player but since James Hill was doing a show in Montreal last night, my uke club was asked to open the show for him...so I decided that I should try to do a duet with one of the member in my club...

I was kind of stress out because we decided to do it at the very last minute so we didn't have the chance to practice together much before the night before the show!!!

So we decided to do a cover of 'Bizarre Love Triangle'' popularized by New Order and then by Frente.

Sound might not be always good because it was recorded live with all the noise around!!!

It would be great if you can give me some feedbacks on our performance since playing in duet is something new for me...so I just don't know wha to think or what to improve, etc...

And since I liked so much my experience, I'll probably do a few projects with her in the future...I also created a new youtube channel that will be dedicated for our duet projects...

So thanks for watching and comments are welcome!!!

Last edited:
Aloha Bao and Claire,
Awesome job gang....really liked tempo on that tune...and something attracted me to Claire's singing style...
enjoyed it very much!! You both sound really good together...Make an excellent Dynamic Duo!!..Wait that was Batman and Robin..
Keep up the good work,,looking forward to see and hearing more of both of you in the future.....MM Stan

Hi mm stan! Thanks a lot for your kind words. It's true that Claire really has a nice tone voice!! I was looking for years for someone can sing for me and do some duets with me but I never really find the kind of voice tone I was looking for...But I think Claire has a tone that fits quite well with what I want to do...so I think we will try to collaborate on some other projects together in the future because I really enjoy my experience in duet instead of always playing in solo.

Thanks

Last edited:
Wow, that was a real cool video and great song choice for the two of you to play. Great playing and singing and congratulations on putting on a good opening!

ukestah wrote:
Wow, that was a real cool video and great song choice for the two of you to play. Great playing and singing and congratulations on putting on a good opening!

Hi ukesath! Thanks a lot for your kind words. I really like this song, I remember lstening to it when New Order did it but when Frente arrived with her version, I was kind of hooked on it.. ..

And when I sold an uke to Claire, I wanted to let her hear the uke and started to play the chords and I asked her to sing on it....but didn't tell her what I was playing in reality....after a few seconds, she recognize it and she started to sing on it and I was very amaze to see that just the little impro turn out well...

I knew that I have to ask her to work on it so we can do something with it later!!

Thanks

That was great Bao! Congrats on your performance. You and Claire should do more if you can.

didgeridoo2 wrote:
That was great Bao! Congrats on your performance. You and Claire should do more if you can.

Hi didgeridoo! Thanks a lot! I already have a few ideas that I would like to work with Claire but it's always time mangement that is hard....

But, seriously, I would like to introduce Claire to lap steel slide uke....so she can do some solos on a few tracks that I would like to try with her...I think it can be quite nice....thathas that kind of voice that can fit with bluesy-country-folk- stuff!!

Thanks

For those who we're wondering how my MP custom tenor Madagascar Rosewood souds like when I do strumming, well it's the instrument that I'm using in the clip.

I think it's quite a loud and percussive sound.

Hi jeff! Yes I think it is.

Thanks
Good to see her putting it to good use! Yes, your MP works really well for you in this song. They seem to be terrific instruments. My UAS has been acting up a bit lately and I may be giving MP a look.

didgeridoo2 wrote:
Good to see her putting it to good use! Yes, your MP works really well for you in this song. They seem to be terrific instruments. My UAS has been acting up a bit lately and I may be giving MP a look.

I've heard James Hill G-String and Dasilva...and seriously, I think my MP doesn't have anything to be shy......

By the way, Mike already have the task to build for me a lap steel slide uke!!! I ordered it today!!! Did you say UAS??!!! :)

Very talented! Nice video. It was so unique can you post some more videos?

ThackeG67 wrote:
Very talented! Nice video. It was so unique can you post some more videos?

Hi ThackeG67!! Thanks for your kind words! I'm ready to do more of this kind of stuff because I realize it pushes me to be a little bit more creative to find spots for solos and do more arrangements for the songs than playing in solo...It's like new challenge for me and it's very fun!! :)

thanks

Hey everyone! Not sure if my handle gives me away - I'm the Claire in the clip.
Thanks for the kind words!! I'm not used to performing, but this was such a splendid opportunity, and the encouragement is very motivating. I'm looking forwards to doing more duets.

@Didgeridoo2: thanks for the uke! she's in good hands.

Sweet stuff, Claire! Thanks and looking forward to more.

I think you guys did a great job. I loved the strumming technique.

clarzipan wrote:
Hey everyone! Not sure if my handle gives me away - I'm the Claire in the clip.
Thanks for the kind words!! I'm not used to performing, but this was such a splendid opportunity, and the encouragement is very motivating. I'm looking forwards to doing more duets.

Hey hey!!! It's good to see you here Claire!!!! I think you deserve all the credits for our performance since you wroked hard in a very short time to be able to perform it!!! :)

Thanks once again for accepting to do this duet with me!!!

Huckleberry wrote:
I think you guys did a great job. I loved the strumming technique.

Thanks Huckle! I was a little bit stress out....so I just strum a little bit fast but it's not that bad I think! It would easier for Claire if I slowed down a little bit! :)

You guys did a great job!! Congrats on your first collab. And Claire, I love your voice! It reminds me of Dido, and she's one of my faves. :)

Top Bottom