Who has a Kala Acacia Concert?

Ukedani

Reaction score
There's so much love for the tenor model around here I was just wondering where/who are the Kala Acacia concert owners? I was just playing "Over The Rainbow" (or trying to!) last night and was thankful for the smaller fretboard real estate on the bigger chord reaches.

What do you love about yours? What don't you like?

Me.

Love:

Woody tone. Beautiful grain. Nice touches (cool rosette, etc.). Decent volume. Good intonation. Nice strummed or fingerstyle.

Don't love:

1st string too close to edge of fretboard (hard to pull-off, especially on some frets). Not PERFECT intonation. Slightly muffled hi-end. A few finishing blemishes. Had to replace saddle (loose ebony for tighter Tusq - just that much brighter now). Fret edges rough.

For the money (I paid around $250), I think it's great. It's a serious-minded instrument, which just suffers a bit from having been born in a Chinese factory. I'm going handmade for my next, but I'm also going to pay quite a lot more.

In the UK, where I live, I would have had to pay a lot more. I'm glad I paid a bit less, as it has allowed me to ponder ukulele number two that much sooner.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free. I did post a review ages ago, in the review section.

Top Bottom