The Smile a Ukulele Can Bring

Whoo hooo!!! :D :D :D

That's the best ever......

Wow. I'm at a loss for words. That was amazing! When you watch the news you think that the world is going to H**L in a handcart. Then you hear stories like this and you realize that the handcart really isn't moving all that fast or in that direction at all for that matter.

Wow. I'm at a loss for words. That was amazing! When you watch the news you think that the world is going to H**L in a handcart. Then you hear stories like this and you realize that the handcart really isn't moving all that fast or in that direction at all for that matter.

You just need to know where to look brotha ;)

props to deach once again, and thanks for sharing this video with us adelle!

I love how he thought it was ninja weapons!

:D :D

Sweet...

My god Adelle... the anticipation was killing me. Christmas morning at your house must go on forever. You have the most patient kid ever. I would have destroyed the ukulele trying to tear through that box. Anyway, for all of you that had a hand in this, bravo!

At about 1:40, I was like "Freakin' OPEN IT ALREADY!!!" I wanted to reach in and tear the box open. Great gift!

That was the greatest thing I could have heard in response to this. He constantly restores my faith in humanity, on a daily basis- just with his smile. I'm so glad he could help you with it too. He's a truly amazing human being.

I love how he thought it was ninja weapons!

Yeah, that was great :) When you're 10, anything seems possible. But they weren't ninja weapons... "just ancient weapons" (which I guess makes it okay? lol)

My god Adelle... the anticipation was killing me. Christmas morning at your house must go on forever. You have the most patient kid ever. I would have destroyed the ukulele trying to tear through that box. Anyway, for all of you that had a hand in this, bravo!

Yeah- that's him. He's always been that way. Not really sure where in the family that came from. That's one of the things that makes me know he's ready for this though.

At about 1:40, I was like "Freakin' OPEN IT ALREADY!!!" I wanted to reach in and tear the box open. Great gift!

Lol I edited A LOT out, too. The packing tape was ridiculous. Trust me, I wanted to reach over too... but it was important that he be the one to do it. :)

His excitement made my week! Maybe my whole month! Teach him well.:D

This whole thing made my year.

I've thanked Deach profusely, but I want to again here. I know he's sent out other ukes and will probably send out some more... but this one wasn't just a ukulele- it was also an oppertunity; for my son to really discover music, for he & I to become closer by playing together. I've told Deach he's quite possibly changed that boys life... and it's true. How wonderful is that?

I want to thank all you guys, too... that watched the video & left these nice comments. I made the video as sort of a thank you card to Deach- and I wasn't even sure I was gonna post it publically at all, let alone on the forum here. I'm glad I did. I didn't think I could be any happier about the whole thing... but knowing that it made so many other people smile has done it.

Watch out, world- the next ukulele rocker is in the works!

That was just awesome! He looked thrilled that it ended up not being ninja weapons... or maybe it is. ;)

He's going to be one of those people who carefully saves the wrapping paper when unwrapping gifts. Just tear into that sucker! :D I can't wait until my niece is old enough to appreciate a uke. She's not quite there yet, but close.

I think I'll close my internet day on this thread. It just doesn't get any better. :)

Nice video and nice son (and you too!) I was wondering, though, he first held the ukulele left handed. Does that mean anything to you?

Interesting question. It wouldn't mean much to me because thanks to grandparents who insisted I be right-handed, I'm ambidextrious. When I was learning guitar my husband gave serious thought to having me go left.

Having never held it before, I bet he's the same as me, and it could go either way :D

Top Bottom