Tenor Neck Sopranos and Concerts... you like em?

Mim

Reaction score
Just curious really. Wondering if it is something I need to stock or not. I am thinking the soprano more than the concert. Anyone got one? What do you think? Sorry to bug if I am! Love you guys!

I love my super concert (tenor neck on concert body) and my long neck soprano (concert neck on soprano body). I like the longer length of the strings on the smaller body. It is helpful if you like to use low G tuning, because it is easier to get nice low notes from longer strings (that's my theory and I am sticking to it for now). It also gives me a little extra fingering room, without going to a larger body size (which reduces that uke-like quality that you get from the small sized soundbox). Beginners and guitarists are often more comfortable with the tenor neck at first, so it might be interesting to try a few out, and see how it goes.
–Lori

I enjoy my Ohana tenor neck soprano. Solid Mahogany, nice roomy fret board. List is $160ish. You should definitely carry it.

I enjoy my Ohana tenor neck soprano. Solid Mahogany, nice roomy fret board. List is $160ish. You should definitely carry it.

I ordered one, just wondering if I should order 2. And the concert as well. Choices Choices... too many choices!

Mim -

If I was to guess, the ukes with necks one size longer than the body (super sopranos, super concerts) would be very popular. The tenor neck sopranos might be less so. I think it's a cool idea, but I don't think it would be in as much demand as the others. Finding a case to fit the neck without the body flopping around may be a challenge, too. I think they're a neat novelty, but mostly just a novelty.

we make concert neck sopranos, tenor neck sopranos, and tenor neck concerts... just sayin

personally I'm against the idea. Some people just have neck envy.

I have a Vineyard tenor-scale soprano. Its the same thing as the Ohana version just with a curvy "V" on the headstock. Its light, bright, and one of my favorite non-baritone ukes. I love a soprano but hate that crowded fretboard. I have two proper soprano ukes but never play 'em. The giraffe, I grab that first if I'm playing something that wants a high g string.

Have two sopranos and am comfortable with the fretboard of a soprano. But I do love the aNueNue Lani I long neck soprano I have. It's got a great low action is fun to play, and strung with Aquila strings, has a different sound than my others.

I don't think they are a novelty ! I own three. Comfortable, with typical uke sound still in tact imo. Have not tried tenor neck concert, but am curious. Not sure if I would go for a Bari neck on a tenor uke though....but it could be interesting!

I don't think they are a novelty ! I own three. Comfortable, with typical uke sound still in tact imo. Have not tried tenor neck concert, but am curious. Not sure if I would go for a Bari neck on a tenor uke though....but it could be interesting!

I don't own a tenor neck soprano, but I think I would like it. The neck on my Kala tenor was very easy to play, and the concert neck on my soprano Flea makes it a joy to use. My baritone necks are wider and thicker and not as much fun to play, although I love the baritone sound. I don't think I would want a baritone neck on a tenor or concert.

My main and favorite uke is my KoAloha Superconcert. I just love the more traditional sound of soprano/concert uke voice with the playability of the tenor neck.

For my next ukulele, I would probably want a soprano with a tenor neck. Ideally a pineapple sunday, but more likely a flea.

Top Bottom