Mainland Mango gloss vs matte?

iDavid

Reaction score
Has anyone played these back to back in a concert or tenor. I was wondering if the high gloss mutes the sound at all?

never played a matte mainland myself so cant compare - I do however had a mahogany gloss concert. Tested with loads and load of strings. I settled on Martin Flouros on this uke - it is loud, and those strings chime like a bell on it.

I do not think the finish affects the sound at all (or at least that I can hear). Looks are personal preference....I prefer gloss. I bought a Classic Mahogany Tenor with a gloss finish a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I was out at the shop and I played a couple different models. I could not tell any difference in sound between matte and gloss finishes just a difference in sound with the various woods.

I have a mango tenor gloss and love it. plenty loud for me.

You should pm hoosierhiver.

I think Hoosierhivers response is about as authoritative as you could possibly get!

I think Hoosierhivers response is about as authoritative as you could possibly get!

The gloss on my Mainland red cedar soprano is NOT the dipped in plastic variety you find elsewhere...

I have a Matte Mango Tenor from Mainland and love it! I bought the matte because I would be bothered by fingerprints and scratches.

Top Bottom