What strings does Lanikai ship with

lambchop

Reaction score
I want to say its either GHS or Aquila Nylgut, but I am not sure - what strings do Lanikai ukuleles ship with? I changed to Savarez yesterday and want to change back to stock and did not save the old strings, so I'd like to know. Thanks so much. Mike

Mine came with Aquila Nylgut for sure.

I would put Aquilas on it. The mere thought of putting GHS strings on a uke makes me shudder.

I would put Aquilas on it. The mere thought of putting GHS strings on a uke makes me shudder.

I think the GHS strins came on my Mahalo - I found a GHS equipped tag near my ukulele stuff and thought it was from the Mahalo but was not sure. Thanks. By the way, I love GHS for Bass and electrick guitar. Mike

Lanikai used to ship with GHS Strings . . . pretty sure they now ship with Aquilla.

in the UK at least, from new stock - definitely Aquila, and has been for at least a year - mine was bought year ago and came with little tag on the headstock proclaiming proudly that it had Aquilas.

That said, when buying it, checking out US Youtube reviews, many people said they were not. Lanikais sound great with Aquilas

mine came with aquila nylguts on it one year ago.

lanikai's website doesn't specify. but if you order from someone online, they will specify in their descriptions (a la mgm or other online sellers).

Aquila Nylgut.

As a household with three different LU-21s, which are a more entry level model, purchased over the past year, I can attest they're strung with Aquilas.

Mine came with Aquila Nyglut, but i opted for the Daddario's

i think most decent lower-end ukes come with aquilas now. when i bought my oscar schmidt tenor, everything had ghs strings--which actually sound decent if you find the right uke. everything in my favorite local store is strung with aquilas now.

Mine came with black GHS strings but the website now states they ship with Aquilas, which are white. So if they were white strings you know you had Aquilas, if black you had GHS strings.

I bought my Lanikai concert from amazon.com, and it came with Aquila Nylgut. :)

Top Bottom