Please help me choose: Big Island Concert Mahogany or Mainland Concert Mahogany

omega

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm looking for the my ukelele and with problem that I cannot see them in person I think I need help ;)

So please help me choose
-Big Island Concert Mahogany
-Mainland Concert Mahogany

Thank you in advance
Tom

Mainland would be my choice.

Have you checked out youtube?

I am one of Mainland's biggest cheerleaders. However, I would like to have a "higher-end" uke, but don't ask me why. I have considered the Big Island as one of my choices, but I keep thinking that I won't find a uke(s) that I like as well or better than my Mainlands and especially at double or triple the price. I've not heard/read anything bad about either, so it will be interesting to see where this goes/

I would go for the Big Island, although its more of a risk. They are new, but sound great!

Mainlands are also very good too.

It's just personal preference.

After one phone call to nice people at Mainland, I decided without a second thought to buy it from them.
But I placed an order for Red Cedar Concert though.
Thanks for all of the input ;)

I personally love the red cedar from Mainland. You made a good choice IMO. Wear out those Aquilas or replace them with Worth Clears or Fremont Blacklines (my favorite) and hear it sing.

I'm reasonably sure that there is no good way to give advice on a choice like you posed though. It's always very possible that twice as many people would steer you toward one but you would actually like the other better had you been given the chance to play them together.

I have a Mainland Red Cedar pineapple, and I love it. It's my favorite uke apart from my '30s Martin Style 2. I am hoping to get a Classic Mahogany soprano later this year.

Top Bottom