Savarez Switch

lambchop

Reaction score
I got some single packs of Savarez reds - the regular tension strings (same ones Craig has indicated in his post in the thread on Savarez) and I have to say I am not as impressed as everyone else seems to be. To me they do seem to reverberate more, which is good, but they seem way biased towards treble than bass and with a spruce top ukulele I already have a pretty bright sound. I do have to say they are the most pleasing to the touch string I have ever encountered, much more so, in my opinion, than Worth clears, although I think I like the sound of the Worths better. I love the two Es I used for the high G and the A, and I may keep those one, but the one I use for the C sounds very, very dead and the one for the E string is a little better. Overall the tone to my ear is less bass, more toylike than the Aquilas it replaced. I think I am going to put on the Aquila C and E and keep the Savarez on the outside strings and see how that goes for a while. My own custom set up, as it were! Mike

That's how it is with strings, you're gonna have to experiment and possibly mix and match to find the sound you're looking for. Take into consideration, Craig's instruments are custom Ko'olau and pairing strings with a certain build makes a difference. Here's a really good review about Savarez by one of older older UU members.

Last edited:
Top Bottom