Freedy Johnston, now a uke player, says hello to UU!

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Freedy Johnston has been around the national music scene since the early 1990's. He recently picked up a tenor ukulele and is starting to write and perform on it. His new CD (the first in 8 years) opens with a song on the uke! He says "Hi" to everybody here at UU. We talked about ukes for a while and he's an enthusiastic convert. Here's Freedy and me with our babies!
4844282100_07586dacfa_b.jpg

Hello Freedy!

Sweet uke, Alan!

Freedy Johnston has been around the national music scene since the early 1990's. He recently picked up a tenor ukulele and is starting to write and perform on it. His new CD (the first in 8 years) opens with a song on the uke! He says "Hi" to everybody here at UU. We talked about ukes for a while and he's an enthusiastic convert. Here's Freedy and me with our babies!
4844282100_07586dacfa_b.jpg
Aloha Alan and Freedy,
Glad to have you back Freedy and looking forward to your work...
Alan, you never seem to amaze me with your cool ukuleles...never heard of this one..Peace...and I like that color...it's my favorite color...
MM Stan...

Cool! My wife and I really loved his "This Perfect World" cd, which we bought back when it first came out. "Bad Reputation" is a great song!

Now that is cool! I first got into Freedy when I saw him live, opening up for Shawn Colvin a gazmillion years ago. One of the top singer-songwriters out there, honestly.

"Perfect World" is an absolute classic. "Never Home" kicks a fair amount of ass as well (the intro riff to "You Get Me Lost" is one of my go-to "things to noodle absent-mindly" on a ukulele). I'll have to pick up his new one!

JJ

Top Bottom