Vintage, gibson uke 1

pdxuke

Reaction score
AUG 10/2010 PRICE ADJUSTMENT: SEE MY MOST RECENT POST
For Sale:

A Vintage, Gibson UKE 1, probably from the 50s.

attachment.php

I have an entire album of uploaded photos HERE:

CONDITION:
I'd say VG+. Some scratches, but NO visible cracks. The tuners look original, and have to be tightened and nursed along as any vintage uke, but basically problem free.

THE SOUND:
Is that dreamy, PLUNK PLUNK mahogany Gibson sound. Really special.

Strung with new Aquila strings, comes with SOFT CASE.

WHY I'M SELLING IT
I have a Martin SO 1948 in pristine condition. I only want one vintage uke, and the Martin is my favorite--although I love this Gibson and want it to go to a good home!

THE DEAL:
PRICE ADJUSTED, Now with EXTENDED PAYMENT TERMS--(See post#5 )$440 shipped CONUS. I think that's a fair price. Compare the condition of my Gibson with this:
Mine's in better shape.

Private message me. PAYPAL ONLY, please, and ship only to CONUS.
Thank you!
Thom

Last edited:
OOooooooooo.....

I'll be watching this, but that's probably all I can do. I'd love a Gibson someday, but I'm still holding out for the Style 3 Martin that my non-ukulele-playing acquaintance found in an attic. I made him an offer last week, but at the moment he isn't sure he wants to sell it. He assures me that if he DOES sell it, it will be to me. It might take months or even years though. It hurts to know that there is a Style 3 in the small city I live in, that belongs to someone I know, and which is just hanging on a wall as decoration! How can he do that to me??? lol

A small town eh, a hit man or contract burgular is probably out of the question.
I have a 1926 Gibson tenor, great sound. It is not much different than the Martin tenors I have heard and/or played.
My Gibson came from a Martin fan who has several Martins and this old gibson was sitting in a closet.

My Gibson came from a Martin fan who has several Martins and this old gibson was sitting in a closet.

That's kind of why I'm selling this one. When I reach for a vintage, it's almost always the Martin SO. It seems a shame to let this one sit--it's such a sweet little uke.

I would also consider payment terms of net 30-60-90. PM me for details.

Must resist. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist!!!!!!!!!!!

It's on flea market music, it's here, soon it will be on ebay. It's everywhere I go. AAAHHHH!!!

Top Bottom