Blackbird carbonfiber uke

Before I say anything else it's important for me to say their are many types of ukes in the world and the ALL have their place for example I just came from Moore Betta site and looked at Chucks ukes and I'm not kidding when I say they shouldn't be sold to someone just because they have the money I'm thinking they should be only sold to people who can prove that they are worthy of such a master piece
Then their are the plastic ones from toys are us and everything in between they all have their place and let's not forget that someone somewhere designed each one and each one has owners that are very proud of them.
Being in the aerospace industry their is a part of me that thinks the carbon fiber is a cool idea we are all different

Hey, I see that my buddy Klem at Cathedral Music in Troy NY carries Blackbird, so I'll hafta go down and take a peek.
Seems awfully high for a beach beater though. You could buy and trash a LOT of Makala Dolphins for that kind of moola...

Just a personal comment but I am no fan of that uke. Got nothing going for me, don't like the shape and don't like the carbon look or colour. The black would be a real bitch in the aussie sun, you wouldn't be able to touch it after a few minutes on a summer day. Very light though and would hold up well if you were swatting bugs.

Interestingly, there is a Blackbird dealer in a small town about 60 miles from me. It's a small shop, so I doubt they would even have more than one or two Blackbird guitars, and almost certainly not the ukulele. Although I have been told that they do have SOME ukes. I keep meaning to go up there, but it's kind of out of my way to anyplace. It was interesting that they were the only Blackbird dealer in Colorado though.
And btw, I can't say that I LIKE the looks of that, but it does sound good in the little video clip with thejumpingflea playing it!

Blackbird Tenor Ukulele

Hi,

Joe here with Blackbird in San Francisco. I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful support we've been getting from various ukulele communities. Also wanted to clarify that our ukuleles are not delayed. Each batch takes a 2-3 months. We delivered our first batch a few months back and are busy working on the next batch which will ship at the end of August and early September.

Any Blackbirds coming to the UK any time soon?
They look fantastic and I want one !

And btw, I can't say that I LIKE the looks of that, but it does sound good in the little video clip with thejumpingflea playing it!
Got to agree, definately not my cup of tea either. And I think thejumpingflea could make almost any uke sound good!

Top Bottom