email that is supposed to be from UU

chicago911

Reaction score
I received a spam email

blessingbaby20 sent you a new message:

Subject: hello

"Hello
My name is Miss blessing.a 23 yrs old girl .I am average in height and fair in complexion ,am a loving and caring angel.I fine your mail contact in this (ukuleleunderground.com)truely is quiet intresting to me then , i deciede to contact you.i really want to have a good relationship with you. Beside i have a special something i want to discusse with you,so you can reach me through this my(blessingfourgod@ymaail.com)Hope to hear from you soon.i will send my beautiful pictures to you and also tell you more about my self. I know age will not be a barier to our relationship, what i need is just your love and caring. I will give you my best, bye for now. care from Miss blessing"

Is anyone else getting this stuff?

My non-mail order wife wanted to tell her a thing or two, but I put the kibosh on it.

I got that one sent to my email address. Bleh!

Yes, I was similarly blessed. Thought it was my lucky day ;)
Ryan to the rescue - he knew exactly what to do with Miss blessing !

Sheesh I never those emails. :(

You probably have it set up to email your private messages. I read it in my email, but it went to the PM.

It seems that Ryan has resolved this issue as the profile is no longer there.

Also if you have the default settings, when you recieve a message on UU.com, it will send you an email notifying you that you have recieved a message. I changed my settings to not notify me so I don't know what it looks like, but it could very well look like its just an email from UU with the message in the body. You can change those settings by going to My account in the upper right, then go to settings then notifications. Change the settings you would like to be no, that should resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Last edited:
Hi,
i registered yesterday on the new site and received already to spam-bot messages in my PM box.
Could you please install any anti-spam mods or at least limit the amount of messages per hour/day to a "normal" level.

It's not difficult to programm a little script that sends the same text message to everyone registered in here so this won't be last spam mail for the next days.

Another problem is the public member list:
http://ukuleleunderground.com/members

My suggestions:

1. Like above mentioned a limit of max. 10 private messages per day
2. An option to deactivate private messages from other members
3. An option to allow only private messages from moderators and buddies
4. A control-script that blocks the sending of the same message over and over again.

yes that was one spammer that got in. if you guys get spammed just send me the profile link and i'll mark it as a spammer. then that person cannot send messages on any wordpress network. You get emails whenever anyone sends you a private message.

Don't you think that it is an automated process and it could be that the registered UU users will be floated within a few minutes with spam mails from a dozen bots?

Top Bottom