Theme from The Godfather cover

14twelve

UU+
UU+
Reaction score
Ok, so I've done my first YouTube video. I'm still a beginner (started learning end of March) so please don't expect too much :)
I just wanted to have a go at getting something up there seeing I've been enjoying all of your videos so much. There are a few mistakes and not much expression as I was concentrating reading the music. I think I even bored my cat at the end!

Thank you to Woodshed for the arrangement!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hO5iTfwtj8Q

Any feedback positive or negative welcome :)

Nice job, it sounds good.
Is that the same flea? It looks pink in the video. Your flea sounds really good. What kind of strings are you using? What did you use to record it?

Nice job! Your flea sounds nice. hmmm, must....not..give..in....to...UAS

Thanks deach! I love my flea. It's one of those ukuleles that I think no matter how many others I had I'd still go back to it. It has a very unique sound, and it's loud! Great for recording on a built in mic on a webcam :)

great job Michelle! i love that your cat had to get in on the action. keep em coming!:)

Thanks Russ! Ha ha. I know I promised a video with my cat, but this one wasn't meant to be the one. He just had to get in on it though.

Great job! Makes me want to learn it even more.

I can't sing, so I've been trying every fingerstyle tab I can find, and this was one of the easiest. Good one for learning on I think. :)

Nice job, it sounds good.
Is that the same flea? It looks pink in the video. Your flea sounds really good. What kind of strings are you using? What did you use to record it?

Yes, it's the same flea. It was a bit dark inside, so I think my webcam overcompensated and made everything a bit lighter. It's a Mango Flea, so is actually bright orange. I'm using Aquila strings, and recorded it through iMovie on my iMac using the built-in webcam and built-in mic.

Thanks for your comments everyone!!

I think you did a fantastic job, you play really well. The flea was perfect for this piece of music. Really enjoyed it, post some more :)

Nice. Hope to see more videos of your cat ... oh, and your ukulele playing, too!

[Edit: Wow! I think this was my 100th posting! I'm now a "Senior Member" YEA!]

Last edited:
I think you did a fantastic job, you play really well. The flea was perfect for this piece of music. Really enjoyed it, post some more :)

Thanks Ukesista! I hope you post some more too! I really love your instrumentals.

Nice. Hope to see more videos of your cat ... oh, and your ukulele playing, too!

[Edit: Wow! I think this was my 100th posting! I'm now a "Senior Member" YEA!]

LOL! I'm sure my cat will worm his way into more videos. And congrats on the Senior Member. I got there last weekend too!

Very nice! I thought it was a bubble-gum pink flea you were playing.

There was a cat on Marlon Brando's lap in the movie, so having the cat in your video was great!

Cool! I really must see that movie now. Yes, the flea looked a bit pale in the video. The colour is more realistic in the photos I've put in my profile album. I think the weird lighting in my house confused the webcam.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone! :D

GF theme

Great job on the GF theme, don't you just love Al (Uke Hunt) arrangements?. That being said, I have a Tiki Flea and also have Al's arrangement, however I haven't taken the time to focus and that piece like you have done so well. Again, very inspirational.
Art

Great job on the GF theme, don't you just love Al (Uke Hunt) arrangements?. That being said, I have a Tiki Flea and also have Al's arrangement, however I haven't taken the time to focus and that piece like you have done so well. Again, very inspirational.
Art

Thank you so much Art! I really appreciate your comment. Yes, Al's arrangements are great. He puts a lot of work into his site!

Tiki Fleas are cool! I hope you're having fun with it!!

Top Bottom