Lanikai S-TEQ Spruce Top Tenor Review

lambchop

Reaction score
I finally got the chance to write a review of my lovely Lanikai S-TEQ spruce top tenor with onboard electornics. You can see it at http://lambchopukulele.blogspot.com/

Seriously for someone looking for a tenor the Lanikai Spruce top is great. At first the S-T I purchased had too high action, but like you said you can take it down (though yours came that way?) into the realm of smoothe and really really nice. Your review is balanced and without exaggeration...a great value.

Seriously for someone looking for a tenor the Lanikai Spruce top is great. At first the S-T I purchased had too high action, but like you said you can take it down (though yours came that way?) into the realm of smoothe and really really nice. Your review is balanced and without exaggeration...a great value.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, mine came with low action - actually both of them had incredible action. I just put Savarez strings on mine and at first did not like it but they are warming up nicely and I may keep them on. What do you use on yours? Thanks, Mike

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, mine came with low action - actually both of them had incredible action. I just put Savarez strings on mine and at first did not like it but they are warming up nicely and I may keep them on. What do you use on yours? Thanks, Mike

I traded toward a Mainland simply because I decided on sopranos and wanted to save some money. I still recommend that uke though at one point I did as I said at least with mine have to make 4 separate very gradual saddle adjustments.

Believe it or not I went back to Aquilas after a brief spell with Hilos...which believe I actually liked on that uke. I think the thing with that uke and a spruce top you can take it in more directions...

Top Bottom