Graph Tech String Saver PS-9250-00 Ukulele Saddle

Hualani

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this as this product seems more like something a luthier would experiment with.

I saw the Graph Tech String Saver PS-9250-00 ukulele saddle on eBay but could not find a Ukulele review for it anywhere. I've seen mostly classical guitar reviews on Graph Tech String Saver. Has anyone here tried it on acoustic ukuleles and acoustic-electric ukuleles?

Graph Tech is the same company that makes TUSQ saddles and nuts. GT claims that String Saver (somekind of proprietary material with heat embedded teflon) gives some boost to to midrange accoustics. I am theorizing that some strings may not work so well with midrange boost. For instance, Aquila Nyglut might get more of a loud twang. I don't know yet until I break down and actually buy one.

Last edited:
I thought the Graph Tech stuff was basically a self-lubricating nut so that guitar strings w/ a tremelo return to pitch more easily. Not sure why they would be useful on an uke...

I thought the Graph Tech stuff was basically a self-lubricating nut so that guitar strings w/ a tremelo return to pitch more easily. Not sure why they would be useful on an uke...

Sounds like empirical evidence is needed. I hate dismissing a new product, but at the same time I hate spending money on junk. Then again, I'm just plain curious as to how the String Savers affect different string, ukulele builds and playing styles.

Aesthetically, I don't really want to get a black saddle without a black nut because it throws off the color scheme.

However, if the product adds more sustain and allows less traction on the bridge, then the product might support an edgy axe playing style on the ukulele. Imagine a Jimi Hendrix or an Orianthi Panagaris on uke. Opens up a bigger market for the ukulele and more role models to encourage younger players.

Top Bottom