Hi everybody,

Got myself a Makala MK-C uke last week :

70$ at a local music store with a set of Aquilla strings{not installed yet}
Laminate body nicely satin finished
Decent enough tuners
Plastic nut and bridge
Comfortable 1 3/8 nut width
Fretwork and action very nice

Still saving for a more stellar uke but for a starter this one fit the bill.
Black original strings seem a bit rubbery so I got some Aquilla's. I'm gonna put em on today.
Sure enough, plenty of ukes sound better but they cost more. This ukulele is well made and I
can't see any manufacturing problems. The decal rosette leaves something to be desred, no biggie.
So if your on a low budget or just need an inexpensive ukulele check em out. Thumbs up for me.:cool:

Cheers,
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/mrbill67/005-3.jpg

molokinirum
08-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Congrats on your new uke!!! I have the same one and I love it. I got mine from MGM and he put on the aquila strings. The action is perfect and for the money, I am not sure if there is a better uke!
Have fun, keep strumming and save up your money!!!

rjamesak
08-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I've got that one too. It's the one I play most at home between the Kala Soprano and the Makala Concert. I have been thinking about changing the strings. Interested to know how you like it with the Aquilas on. I feel like the black strings that are on my Makala are a bit muted compared to the Aquilas on my soprano.

BadLands Bart
08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I have the same uke and it came with the aquila strings (from MGM) The sound is incredible especialy for the price of the uke.

Mr Bill
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi Folks,

Restrung with the aquilla strings and feels much better,
also noticed increase in volume. I suppose it'll take a few days
to settle down, thats ok as the tuners work really well.

Cheers.