Hi everybody,

Got myself a Makala MK-C uke last week :

70$ at a local music store with a set of Aquilla strings{not installed yet}
Laminate body nicely satin finished
Decent enough tuners
Plastic nut and bridge
Comfortable 1 3/8 nut width
Fretwork and action very nice

Still saving for a more stellar uke but for a starter this one fit the bill.
Black original strings seem a bit rubbery so I got some Aquilla's. I'm gonna put em on today.
Sure enough, plenty of ukes sound better but they cost more. This ukulele is well made and I
can't see any manufacturing problems. The decal rosette leaves something to be desred, no biggie.
So if your on a low budget or just need an inexpensive ukulele check em out. Thumbs up for me.:cool:

Cheers,
005-3.jpg

Congrats on your new uke!!! I have the same one and I love it. I got mine from MGM and he put on the aquila strings. The action is perfect and for the money, I am not sure if there is a better uke!
Have fun, keep strumming and save up your money!!!

I've got that one too. It's the one I play most at home between the Kala Soprano and the Makala Concert. I have been thinking about changing the strings. Interested to know how you like it with the Aquilas on. I feel like the black strings that are on my Makala are a bit muted compared to the Aquilas on my soprano.

I have the same uke and it came with the aquila strings (from MGM) The sound is incredible especialy for the price of the uke.

Hi Folks,

Restrung with the aquilla strings and feels much better,
also noticed increase in volume. I suppose it'll take a few days
to settle down, thats ok as the tuners work really well.

Cheers.

Top Bottom