Sorry guys....

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Sorry the stream didn't go so great tonight. We tried. We'll keep trying until we find a good service. Thanks for being patient with us. If you guys know of any good ones let me know.

To make it up, we're announcing something pretty cool tomorrow so check back.

Oh also big thank yous to the people that took the time to stop by. I know Shane (ukuleleboy on the forums) was there. Sorry didn't get to meet everybody who was there.

Last edited:
lol, i was at the pub at UCIrvine :D I need a whopper b*************etch.

Dang guys, another mishap. We had this big surprised planned for today. Unfortunately due to circumstance and unexpected events, what we were going to do isn't possible anymore. I need to talk to Aaron to see what we can do instead. I'll post on the main blog as soon as we figure it out.

Dang guys, another mishap. We had this big surprised planned for today. Unfortunately due to circumstance and unexpected events, what we were going to do isn't possible anymore. I need to talk to Aaron to see what we can do instead. I'll post on the main blog as soon as we figure it out.

lol things just keep happening to keep UU from their fun dont they?

maaaaaaaaan!! lame...can you tell us what you guys had planned anyways??

maaaaaaaaan!! lame...can you tell us what you guys had planned anyways??

Umm... lets see. We were going to do a giveaway contest for everyone in the forums. We have a friend that is a pretty well known ukulele player and he was going to sign a uke for us to give away. He's really cool and agreed to do it. We had the uke ready and we were stoked. Right when he was going to do it his manager said he couldn't because of current conflicting contracts. In fact he can't even appear on our website which kind of bummed us out.

It's nobody's fault. Business is Business and if I was his manager I would hae told him exactly the same thing. Just crappy for us since we already announced it. Our friend is a very cool guy and no doubt if he could have he would have helped us out.

We're still going to give away the uke though. Maybe we'll have Aldrine sign it and then throw in a free UU shirt. We'll see.

Man can't catch a break! hahaha.

awww boooo!!! i have a very good idea of who it was lol

yah me too. what a bummer. i was wondering why he had never shown up. but i, too, have always said that there are no friends in business. thats why i would never even let my closest friends ever rent out a room in my house. just a bad prognosis all the way.

so, um... what are the details on the uke?

so, um... what are the details on the uke?

It's not that great of a uke. We're still planning to give it away though. We'll just throw some extras in with it to make it worth it.

It's not that great of a uke. We're still planning to give it away though. We'll just throw some extras in with it to make it worth it.

hahaha well i was willing to act a fool for a bushman, so hey whatever it takes!

but ummm when do we get to know the details of this contest?

What is the drawing for the uke based on....hopefully not crazy uke skills...ha.

that sounds pretty sick.

hey rayan, you guys don't use advertisements to make money huh?

i think they do based on the google adsense stuff on the main page. i have no problem with that, i even wanted to suggest it at one point but i dont know much about it so ya. i know some forums have an "ad bot" that posts an ad right after someone makes a new thread. or something like that. im assuming that this website isnt exactly free to manage so i think ads should help keep UU alive..... and also provide the users with special giveaways like the one previously planned :p

that sounds pretty sick.

hey rayan, you guys don't use advertisements to make money huh?

We have google adsense right now. Theres actually a lot of expenses that this site incurs (hosting, domains, forum, video equipment, etc). We're just trying to make sure it doesn't COST us money to do this. haha. When Aaron and Aldrine did these episodes for IAH, they were paid for them, but these ones are coming out of our pockets.

So... anyone want to buy a shirt and help us out??? hahahaha. dang we gotta make em first.

Top Bottom