Beltone vintage ukulele owners: how many of us are there on here?

arashi_nero

Reaction score
In my search of learning a little more about my dad's old uke, I have found almost nothing. Even on UU, I have only seen maybe one thread (other than my own) that makes any mention about Beltone ukuleles.

How many Beltone owners are on the site? What's your general impression of your uke?

Personally, I love my little soprano. It is a cheapie, and I'm sure my dad didn't pay more than $20 for it back in 1968. It has a plastic fretboard, so intonation is spot on. Right now, I have Martin fluoros on it and it SINGS. It really has a nice, mellow, warm tone. Being that it has a plastic nut integrated to the fretboard, the action is factory set, but is perfect and this uke is insanely easy to chord.

I think the next time I change the strings, I may try Aquilas, but I think the Martins are great for this uke. I also think I'm going to change the tuners. When I found this uke in my dad's closet 12-13yrs ago, it only had 2 tuner knobs, one string, and no saddle. Being that was my "first" uke, I bought cheap tuner knobs and strings and used cardboard for a saddle. Now that I'm really into ukes, I want to give this uke what it deserves. When I put on the Martins, I got a new saddle and that made a HUGE difference.

One day, I hope I can get the actual specs and info on this uke and the company.

Here's some pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom