how to start playing again.

boyfrumdaisland808

Reaction score
ineed some help.
ive been playing for about a year and a half now and im getting pretty good. but lately this summer ive been really really REALLY lazy. the last time i learned a new song was in april. i want to start playing again like how i used to but i guess im not too motivated or interested as i was when i first got my uke. ifeel like im abandoning my uke and my mom is telling me i wasted my money. college is almost starting for me and ifeel like ill be toooo busy to pick up my uke and start playing again.
maybe some words of inspiration or advice might help.
thank you

My suggestion is, find someone to play with. Or better yet, find someone you can teach and then play with.

Aloha Boyfrumdaisland808,
Howzit brah, sorry to hear that you haven't kept up with your playing....You may need some a shot of inspiration and motivation.
Usually every once awhile we get these dry spots, a good way is to learn a current song that you like. Check out You tube to learn
the song and it's timing and rythym, then google it for the the lyrics and chords..After that go back to You Tube and play along.
Another way is to hang around people who are also ukulele crazy and play with them...hence joining a club or group or friends. they'll teach
you new songs and you motivate and inspire each other. Also check on the computer for tutorials like Keonepax and Musicteacher2010.
they're awesome...MY way is probally the worst, buying a new uke to learn it....I hope this helps, Good Luck!! Just In Time....
Just in luv with da Uke.... MM Stan...

It can be boring playing the same old things. Pick a few new songs to learn: an easy song or two for fun, and a few difficult ones to challenge yourself.

Remember that chicks in college love musicians! You'll meet plenty of new people (especially girls!) if you strum under a tree in the quad or in the common room of the dorms. Have a few popular songs up your sleeve so that your friends can sing a long!

Good luck!

Top Bottom