So what's a good song for a ukulele player (me) and a guitar player to play together?

doubleUTF

Reaction score
Hi UU, this is my first post! I'm fairly new to ukulele, but i'm picking it up quick. I have a friend who is an amateur guitarist. What are some nice songs we can play and/or sing together? (would help immensely if there were existing tabs out there for us to look at) Thanks!

Maybe I'm Yours by Jason Mraz?

I think that would sound awesome, and it has a very easy chords progression of C, G, Am, F all the way through the song.

Hi UU, this is my first post! I'm fairly new to ukulele, but i'm picking it up quick. I have a friend who is an amateur guitarist. What are some nice songs we can play and/or sing together? (would help immensely if there were existing tabs out there for us to look at) Thanks!
You can check the UU List of Tabs and Chords . . . or check the Ukulele Resources thread. Numerous links to songbooks, chord/lyrics sites, tabs, etc.

My wife and I learned this as our first tune (has something to do with my dog...silliness) and we play together on Ukes (soprano/tenor) or sometimes I will play the melody on my melodica. Dad sat in today on an old guitar and it was awesome, wish my flip batteries were charged.
Easy tune, great fun strum tempo

I've played guitar for quite some time and picked up ukulele recently. My neighbor's also a guitarist and we jam a lot on weekends so now there are many times I just play the uke - with any of the songs, not particular ones. My point is, there's no specific songs or genre of music that answers your question. Play anything you both like and are able to play and it will sound good.

Top Bottom