2nd Ukulele advice?

ghwtfan

Reaction score
Well I've had this Lanikai LU2CGC Concert Ukulele and I must say I enjoyed the sounds it made for some basic easy chord songs as "I'm yours" and "Hey Soul Sister". I have noticed it's not really as good when I'm trying to pick or do hammer ons (Is it maybe the strings are loose?). Well I need a Ukulele that has that nice Hawaiian beach sound and the nice picking sounds. I only have a budget of $100-$200. I consider myself a moderate Ukulele player (Not the best or noobiest but pretty okay).
Thanks in advance! And happy Ukulele'ing UU! ^_^

/edit Oh man, I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section *facepalms self* I'm sorry as I'm a UU forum noob. Are there any Moderators that can move threads to right sections or is this ok?

Last edited:
Well I've had this Lanikai LU2CGC Concert Ukulele and I must say I enjoyed the sounds it made for some basic easy chord songs as "I'm yours" and "Hey Soul Sister". I have noticed it's not really as good when I'm trying to pick or do hammer ons (Is it maybe the strings are loose?). Well I need a Ukulele that has that nice Hawaiian beach sound and the nice picking sounds. I only have a budget of $100-$200. I consider myself a moderate Ukulele player (Not the best or noobiest but pretty okay).
Thanks in advance! And happy Ukulele'ing UU! ^_^

/edit Oh man, I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section *facepalms self* I'm sorry as I'm a UU forum noob. Are there any Moderators that can move threads to right sections or is this ok?

Dont be too hard on yourself about the wrong section. I'm sure anyone here would be keen on assisting you :) Are you looking for a tenor or concert?

I'm looking for a nice Concert Ukelele. I've heard the Oscar Schmidt OU5 Ukelele is a good Uke but I don't want to buy it yet when I'm still not sure if there are any better Ukes. What do you think? Oh and btw can you also tell me the difference between a Tenor,Concert, or a Soprano? If there is a difference do they have anything different soundwise? Thanks for the help in advance! ^^

Last edited:
Concert...Hmmm..I wonder if anyone would agree on me that the Kala's should do well. Maybe a Kala Spruce top would be fine?

Oh and about Oscar Schmidt... There was a thread where the seller claimed the Oscar Schmidt didnt sound that great.

Top Bottom