wall hanger/stand for eleuke question

maki720

Reaction score
hey guys,

just got my eleuke, and wondering if there's a product that i can use to hang/display it, something like a wall hanger or stand. do folks have any suggestions?

thanks!

You can use a plastic coated U-shaped tool hanger.
Aldrine has a Uke Minute, episode 50, about them.

You can use a plastic coated U-shaped tool hanger.
Aldrine has a Uke Minute, episode 50, about them.

That's given me an idea for making a freestanding rack (like a coat rack). aNueNue has some stands/hangers but they aren't cheap and not really attractive.

I use the more commercial hercules wall hangers - they hold on to the uke until you lift it up and then the arms let go - stops it accidentally falling off (happened to my guitar once and killed it, but never happens with these hangers ;) ).

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GSP38WB.html

i've seen a floor stand on ebay for about £15gbp... its fully adjustable for uke/violin/mandolin, etc, so they are out there! (listing now ended so can't find it for a link- sorry) This sort of thing could be adjusted fairly easily to be wall mountable.
The other thing to do is check in with your local music store... they have to display their instruments, right? so they should be able to tell you where they get their display stands (or even sell/give you one!)

I use the more commercial hercules wall hangers - they hold on to the uke until you lift it up and then the arms let go - stops it accidentally falling off (happened to my guitar once and killed it, but never happens with these hangers ;) ).

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GSP38WB.html

Hercules all the way!!...They are so cool, you don't have to touch the hanger...it works on its own.
I love mine!

I have a bunch of them I got from Elderly Instruments for about $7 ea. Nice wood base, rubber coated fork that you can bend tighter or wider depending on what you are hanging. I have most my guitars, banjos and Ukes with em. Very well made, and look nice..

be careful using hooks that were not designed for musical instruments - some plastic, vinyl and rubber compounds on the hooks can react with certain instrument finishes and burn the varnish or coating.

If it were me - I'd stick with a stand / hanger made by reputable brand designed for the instrument.

Sorry, no actual suggestions, as I keep mine in their cases (my walls aint strong enough for hangers!)

I keep mine on the wall, using hangers made by UU member Toucan Mango. I have a pineapple, honu turtle, whale hook and plumeria so far.
wallhangingukes2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip about Hercules stands. I just ordered the GS303B. I'll be using it a lot when I go to play with friends.

On the topic of wall hangers, I've always used String Swings when I could. Unfortunately, I'm renting an old house at the moment, and I'm afraid to drill too much into the plaster walls. My instruments have been living in cases.

The great thing about having the ukulele or guitar on a stand or hanging on the wall is that you're more inclined to play it. I recently took my concert out of the case and just left it laying it on my bed. I was always picking it up to noodle around with. I just got a Tenor yesterday, so I'll probably be doing the same thing with that until the stand arrives.

Last night, I was over at my parents' house, and my brother's electric guitar was sitting on a stand in the den. It felt so good to just pick that up and mindlessly strumming while chatting. It didn't even have to be plugged in - just running through some chord changes and fingering exercises was enough to make me happy. I think it was more of a kinesthetic reaction than an aural one.

Top Bottom