New front-line instrument- Mya Moe tenor

stevepetergal

Reaction score
I have several ukuleles and have been performing on a Koaloha concert for a couple of years. I have been searching, all along, for a top of the line instrument. After trying all the big names from Hawaii and many custom builders' ukuleles, I found Mya Moe out of Washington. I decided on a Mango Tenor Classic. Gordon and Char of Mya Moe worked personally with me in selecting the specific woods to be used in my instrument, put it together with special custom-ordered tuners I wanted and the pickup I chose for amplification, and built the instrument for my personal playing style and preferences, posting photos of it throughout the building process. The instrument arrived and it is wonderful. The gloss finish I chose is perfect, not one open pore. The sound of the mango wood is warm and round, as I requested, but still strong and even from top to bottom. And of all the ukuleles I've seen this is the only one with impeccable intonation. Every octave and unison lines up perfectly. Being a piano rebuilder for more than twenty years, this was very important to me. Mya Moe is building some of the best instruments in the world and offering personal service with which no one else can compete. I had a very small problem after shipping across the country and Gordon and Char helped me with everything I needed to get my new ukulele in perfect shape. I love my Koaloha, but the Mya Moe is the new standard.

Congratulations! Pictures?

A Mya-Moe ukulele is as special as Char & Gordon.
I am so pleased with mine too.

Alohastevepetergal,
Mahalo for sharing your experience with Mya Moe with us, with their immpeccable building and quality standards puttiing
out finest sounding and looking ukes..With your years of experience in music and tone, we value your high reguards
for them and their quality customer service...also I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying you new Mya Moe!!!Happy Playin"
MM Stan..

Congratulations on your new ukulele. I have a Mya-Moe soprano and concert both of which are made of mango as well. They are outstanding instruments. I recently ordered a tenor in myrtle and said to Char at the time that I really wanted to buy different brand this time but just couldn't do it. Their instruments are just too good and I have not found anything else comparable.

Mitch

I love my Mya-Moe lap steel tenor, great builders, great people

Have been drooling :drool:eek:ver the mya moe web page. So want one of those mango tenor classic's. Did you go the Chocolate heart or curly? So jealous. Love the idea of the rounded neck for barre chords.

Last edited:
Top Bottom