Want to strengthen your fingers? Buy an 8-string ukulele!!

arashi_nero

Reaction score
I'm seriously not kidding about this. I play for about an hour every day and I think my fingers are more tired now than they were when I bought my OS tenor, when I changed to higher tension strings on my OS tenor, and when I bought my high-tension Eleuke combined. My fingers HURT!! But they feel sooooooooo good. I am extremely pleased with the sound and really happy I bought my Lanikai 8-string. I'll writeup a proper review in the next couple weeks, but anyone who is thinking about an 8-string, I'd say buy it!! You'll love it and it will strengthen your fingers.

Also, this gives me a good opportunity to put in a shameless plug for Mim. If you can buy from her, do it. You will be happy you did!! 2 ukes so far from her and nothing but great service.

I once gave out a shameless plug for my job, but they immediately told me that I was "stealing business" from some vendors, and my post was deleted.

The store I work at has an 8-string here, and I too play it a lot aha. It really builds finger strength having to deal with the tension and multiple strings.

I bought one of these to prepare for playing an 8-string ukulele. :)

attachment.php

the picture isn't coming up for some reason. what is it?

Rick said:
I once gave out a shameless plug for my job, but they immediately told me that I was "stealing business" from some vendors, and my post was deleted.

The store I work at has an 8-string here, and I too play it a lot aha. It really builds finger strength having to deal with the tension and multiple strings.

yeah, my shameless plug was for a vendor ;). i've bought at my local store (they're way nice), MGM (who is awesome), and Mim (who is also awesome). i'm sure i'll buy from others, but mim seriously rocks!

i guess i caused my local store to order in an 8-string, too. all i did was ask them how much they could get it for, and they ordered it. but they have just about every lanikai there is and it's beautiful. i'm sure they'll sell it quickly.

Top Bottom