"Mom" by Lena Machado

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Just posted a birthday video for my mother. The song is "Mom," written by Lena Machado in 1944. I first heard this song on Raiatea Helm's CD "Far Away Heaven." Posted the lyrics and chords in the sidebar.

Please feel free to leave comments and birthday wishes for my mother if you want. I think she'll get a kick out of reading them when she sees the video at her birthday party next week.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh6RjR2wRTU

I watched you video.

I called my mom.

She answered in a freaked out manner and wanted to know what was wrong.

I guess this means I should call her more often.

Touching video btw.

Thanks blues uke and Adelle! Unfortunately, I can't attend the surprise birthday party planned for her, (I teach in Japan), which is why I posted the video for her. My sister is planning to play the video at the party, so I'm sure I'll find out about her reaction later on.

Really nice. I wonder if all Asian families growing up in Hawaii around that time looked like that. ;) I could have sworn I saw one of my cousins in the video. :) Fortunately, my mom lives 80 miles away and will be coming to visit tomorrow. And she's not 80 yet.

I need the chords for "mom"

Hey guys the video posted here isn't available anymore, does anyone know the chords for "mom"?

Mom
Lena Machado

[Gm6] Mom… I [A7] love you… yes I [D] do [Bm7]
[Gm6] Wait for me [A7] Mom, be home real [D] soon [Bm7]
[F#7] I never knew how [Bm] much you meant to me
And [E7] now… that I’m so… many [A7] miles a[Em7]way from [A7] you
[Gm6] Only God [A7] knows when and [D] where we’ll meet [Bm7] again
To [D7] hold you in my arms once [G6] more
To hear your [Ab°] voice to [D] see [F#7] your sweet [B7] smile
Oh [Gm6] God, do [A7] please keep my [D] mom [Gm6]
My [D] mom….

Top Bottom