Have you seen this on eBay?

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
This looks like it could be cool....

http://cgi.ebay.com/old-American-Co...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ab4baa3d

Missing the tuners; no big deal. Looks to have had a floating bridge with a tailpiece, both missing; also not a real big deal. Only ten frets to the body....not a deal breaker.

Wonder what the scale length is? I'm thinking this could make a fun project, or at worst, a cool wall hanger....

They are both really interesting! I wonder how you tune a soprano 8-string?

Those are so cool. I've never seen anything like that.

I probably never should have started this thread! =) I was planning to try to buy both of these, hoping to make one good one from the two. My intention was to use nylon strings and 8-string uke tuning....

I don't think I'll be able to afford them, now that I've let the cat out of the bag....

I probably never should have started this thread! =) I was planning to try to buy both of these, hoping to make one good one from the two. My intention was to use nylon strings and 8-string uke tuning....

I don't think I'll be able to afford them, now that I've let the cat out of the bag....

Aw. I won't bid against you. Let me know if you change your mind though. :p

Aw. I won't bid against you. Let me know if you change your mind though. :p

I wouldn't bit against you Mailman... but maybe against Skitzic ;)! Haha!

Reminds me of a Mexican Jarana Mosquito.

yhst-90038644061660_2112_10138514

I would bid but i don't have money to spend on it and I don't want to take it from you. darkwater, do you put mandolin strings on or uke strings?

Okay, folks....here's the deal. Feel free to bid on these auctions if you want. You won't be bidding against me, as I won't be bidding.

As much as I'd like to buy both of these instruments to make one good one, I've decided that doing it wouldn't be worth the hassle I'd get at home from the family CFO. I learned long ago to pick my battles, and this one isn't worth it.

I really hope one of you ends up with one or both of them, and that you are able to end up with a killer cool 8-string uke out of it. Let the bidding begin....

The second one sold for $70.01. Even though it had the bridge, the tailpiece and the tuners. Go figure....

I wonder if either one went to UUers....

Top Bottom