Jim D'Ville ukulele workshops

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received the following e-mail from the lady that runs our local uke group. I'm planning to attend these workshops, and wonder if any of you folks are familiar with Jim D'Ville or his work. Sounds interesting to me....

Hello Everyone:
PLAY UKULELE BY EAR
Mr. Jim D'Ville will be presenting 2 workshops on Saturday, October 2, 2010.
The workshop times are 3 pm. and 4:30 pm at Bernunzio Uptown Music.
Each workshop is 1 hour long.
The cost is $20 per workshop but I will ask if we can offer a discount for 2 workshops.
Mark your calendars. Details will follow.
See you tonight.
Julie

Workshop 1 - Play Ukulele By Ear (All Levels Welcome)
Get off that piece of paper and learn to Play Ukulele By Ear. This entertaining and informative workshop will give you the tools you need to tap into your innate musical abilities. Playing by ear is easy, it's fun and it will propel your understanding of how music works to a new level. This workshop will make you a better listener and student! All skill levels welcome, however, knowledge of basic chord shapes (C F G7) is helpful.

Workshop 2 - Chord Progressions by Ear: Beyond The I-IV-V (All Levels Welcome)

Being able to hear more advanced chord progressions will go a long way toward demystifying music and will allow you to learn tunes right off your favorite CD. Tune your ears into the sound of the tri-tone, dominant seven and diatonic chord progressions. This exciting workshop will open your ears to the way all songs work. Knowledge of basic chord shapes (C F G7 D7 A7 E7 Am Dm Em Bdim) is helpful.

Comments from Jim D’Ville’s “How to Play Ukulele by Ear Workshop:

“A fabulous, logical and freeing way to approach music.”

“Now I will use my ears! Duh-why didn’t I think of that?”

“Great workshop! I didn’t think it was possible to teach by ear.”

“Your workshop has inspired me to move to the next level.”

“Lots of ‘Ah-ha’ moments!”

Jim's workshops are first rate. Jim is a REALLY GREAT GUY too.
If you incorporate his method into your playing, you will make a quantum leap in your playing ability.
Learning new songs will be easier and you will be amazed at how you will be able to jam with anyone.

I agree about Jim's workshops. They're awesome! He did some workshops around Australia earlier this year, and they were really helpful to players of all levels. The workshops were inspiring, and presented in a really fun way. And as SailingUke said, he's a really great guy!

Things I learned in the workshop come to me constantly as I try to work out the chords to songs now. It really is well worth going to.

Jim D'Ville workshops

I just attended my second workshop in two years and I must say Jim is fantastic. He not only plays, teaches, and has students playing in unison, but he is also very entertaining. He is one of the best and I plan to attend a third workshop tis afternoon.

Top Bottom