case for eleuke

drfrancov

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently bought an eleuke jazz sunburst tenor. I live in Michigan and we have very long and dry winters, so all my other ukes are in cases with humidifiers (otherwise the dry and get all messed up)...The Eleuke came with a soft padded gigbag but I am looking for a hard case for it...Any suggestions?...Do I need to care for the Eleuke (solid body) as much as for my other ukes?

Franco

The solid body is a bit more forgiving and less fragile as an acoustic, but that isn't any reason to not give it the same amount of care. Left to its own devices, I would say that you will notice a change in the action. Unless it was made with fairly green wood, I doubt that you would experience any structural issues. Regardless, I would suspect that any warranty would be voided if not properly humidified.

Along the lines of cases, I have recently started providing Access cases with all my instruments. They are priced very reasonably and are good quality. They offer a soft case that is made using a rigid foam so they are sturdier than a standard cloth gig bag.

Thanks for your answer...Where can I get an Access case?...Or shall I just buy a regular tenor case and use it to store the instrument during the winter?

I don't know how hand you are but if you own a few tools you could probably build a case. If you build one without any curves in it, then it can be pretty straight forward. Just do a search on DIY guitar cases and you'll find a few tips/plans.

~DB

I looked into that before and I guess I am not very handy!..That's why I am looking into buying one.

The Access uke case holds a concert but I don't think it holds a tenor. It has an adjustable neck block in it so that you can use it for either a soprano or concert. What are the overall dimensions and I can check and see if a mandolin case will work for your tenor. I don't know what they retail for but I usually value them at $40 when including them with an instrument. I don't know that I've sold one outright but if you want one feel free to email me.

Top Bottom