Strings on Kiways ks1

Swampy Steve

Reaction score
I had a new Ks1 a while back , and like a moron sold it. I have a used one coming to me now. The guy Im getting it from has Aquilas on it. I do remember the Ks I had came with black strings,, but I dont think GHS ,,, Hilos ? It had a good bark.
I want to try to get that sound back. My flea still has the Hilos it came with, too long ago. Ive read here Aquilas arent a good match for Flea/flukes , Im sure this has been covered before , and I did search , but any thoughts? Do Hilos have more "bark" than Aquilas? I guess Im not looking for bright , more warm
Steve

I have worth clears on mine. I like the sound. I might try Martin fluorocarbons some day. Nylon might emphasize the bark in it and the fluros may warm it a bit. Try the worths. Maybe even the worth browns now that I think of it. I think the Kiwaya originally comes with Fremonts since that's what they sell on their site.

Fremonts ,, thanks I bet thats what they were. I only remember the color , but couldnt imagine GHS or really even Hilos coming on it
Thanks much
Steve

Top Bottom