I put a ukulele neck on a violin body! Want to see and hear it?

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Hybrids are all the rage in the auto world, so why not in the ukulele world too?

What do you do when you have severe UAS but can't afford to buy ukuleles? Make something like this!

And no, it's not a Ukelin or a Violele. It's Violinuke!

Sweet! You're a mad genius!

COOL I likey! :drool:

Alan, you rock.....your violinuke brightened my afternoon!

I'm diggin it..

Do you also have a shoulderpiece and a bow to use your violinuke like a fretted violin?

It would be quite funny to play it, because you would be able to play complete chords on this (because the string are in a line instead of an arc).

That looks and sounds amazing!

DUDE! That's awesome!

I've been hitting the thrift shops for broken wood instruments and anything wood (monkeypod and koa bowls, furniture, bamboo backscratcher, old jewelery boxes) to recycle into future ukulele projects.

That is such a cool and fun sounding little violinuke. However, I like the name violele better but its your creation so call it what you like.

Last edited:
Aloha Alan,
That's absoultely awesome man!!!....ingenunity comes from need and ukulele madness!!! I seem to have been glued with intrest
with this one and never knew what you'd do next...thanks for sharing...MM Stan..

Cool, Alan! I can certainly hear what you mean by "loud". But can you help me understand what you mean by "thin"?

Cool, Alan! I can certainly hear what you mean by "loud". But can you help me understand what you mean by "thin"?

Thin sound means, to me, less lower bass levels. The way an orchestra sounds recorded on at 78 rpm record compared to a 33rpm would be "thinner". I don't believe it's a technical term so I can understand your confusion.

Awesome! I was surprised by how loud it was!

Top Bottom