How do you "chuck"?

DaDoeBoi101

Reaction score
I think that's what i've heard it called, not sure exactly what sort of lingo you guys may be used to. for a while now i've been trying to find out the right method to add percussion notes that would give my ukulele playing that unique flow that some songs have. do I simply just hit the ukulele with the palm of my hand? or is it more like muting a string?

For me I strum with the index finger and as soon as I strung I let my thumb/palm hit the strings imeadiately. It is all pretty much one motion. Look for a lesson posted about this by Aldrine.

For me I strum with the index finger and as soon as I strung I let my thumb/palm hit the strings imeadiately. It is all pretty much one motion. Look for a lesson posted about this by Aldrine.

I'd been trying to get the hang of doing it using all my fingers to strum (I read or watched something that described that), but was very inconsistent with it. Just tried your method of doing it with just the index and bingo - first time and every time. Thanks!

Top Bottom