Biding my time w/my Kala travel tenor...

Gmoney

Reaction score
Bought this uke for just this occasion. Waiting on a delayed plane in Atlanta airport... found a quiet corner between gates & spent the last hour honing my finger picking through "Here comes the sun".

Had a bit of an audience for a little bit; helped to settle down an antsy 5 or 6 yr. old boy (he wanted to ask me what it was, but was too shy... his dad told him, its not a little guitar). Then another lady came over & thanked me(!) for providing music while they wait!

(maybe the Kala's too loud for quit corners!)

Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to post a video. Nah!

Aloha!

Very nice way to pass the time. Thanks!

Bought this uke for just this occasion. Waiting on a delayed plane in Atlanta airport... found a quiet corner between gates & spent the last hour honing my finger picking through "Here comes the sun".

Had a bit of an audience for a little bit; helped to settle down an antsy 5 or 6 yr. old boy (he wanted to ask me what it was, but was too shy... his dad told him, its not a little guitar). Then another lady came over & thanked me(!) for providing music while they wait!

(maybe the Kala's too loud for quit corners!)

Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to post a video. Nah!

Aloha!

doesn't a uke make airports friendlier and all around better?
while flying to Hawai'i last summer to visit family, I broke out the double puka and the wife and I had a little worship circle going on. It was great.

doesn't a uke make airports friendlier and all around better?

Quietly playing my ukulele is my favorite way to pass the time while waiting on my flights.

And keep with it Gmoney, you will post a video before you know it. (Says she who has never posted a video). :)

I had a long wait for my plane this past Wednesday at LAX. I pulled out my Dolphin and played quietly. Got a number of smiles. One passerby pointed and exclaimed "a ukulele!" to her family. Another little girl came and asked me why my guitar was so little...her mother corrected her. Overall a nice experience.

Those spruce top Kala travel ukes are shockingly loud.

That is cool. While I was returning from Hawaii and hanging in the airport in Denver, another guy had a uke he saw mine and we just played a bit to pass the time. And yes...people around us really liked it!

i always throw a uke in the car when I take my daughter to dance lessons, then sit in the car waiting for her strumming. when the window is open, I always get a few smiles.

Daughter is horrifed mind you.....

Top Bottom